Airbnb Plus Support contradictory verdict

Patrik-And-Simona0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Airbnb Plus Support contradictory verdict

Dear all, my listing upgraded to Airbnb Plus in 2018. I made a renovation of the apartment about half a year after the upgrade. The old photos were misleading after the renovation so I contacted Airbnb support with a new photoshoot request as you cannot change Airbnb Plus photos yourself. My request was declined once by the Airbnb support and second time by their designer team being told "It is not major renovation and new photos are not needed.". I kept gaining less stars for accuracy and then I received a full refund request because of the difference between photos and reality. This guest contacted Airbnb support and got a full refund of 300USD. Airbnb support closed the case with full refund saying that I violated host guidelines by not being able to provide the apartment as pictured. I don't want to just let it go. What do you think that I should do please? Thank you very much for your suggestions. 

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Patrik-And-Simona0 

The best advice I can give is - RUN AWAY FROM AIRBNB PLUS and take your listing back in your hands.

Thank you Branka and Silvia!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your situation I would post on the public areas of their social media explaining the conundrum and asking why Airbnb is forcing you to present your listing inaccurately and create misunderstandings with guests by refusing to let you update the photography. @Patrik-And-Simona0 

In my opinion they should cover the guest refund and edit any guest review as this was caused by their actions.

Thank you Helen!