Airbnb always take guests side

Airbnb always take guests side

Airbnb harrases hosts to get full refunds to guests that cancel even though is beyond the refund time period. But when guests break rules, damage your property you are left on the cold.  We are so frustrated with Airbnb that we are making are property unavailable for several months and most likely, will cancelled Airbnb and use other platforms.

Airbnb should protect hosts, after all, if we don't make our homes available, Airbnb has no business. 

2 Replies 2
Stacy37
Level 3
Telluride, CO

Agreed, they give lip service to protecting hosts but they always side with guests and make you jump through hoops if you make a claim on the guests deposit. Then they threaten to suspend your account if you complain

Russell7
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I have a guest who filed a safety report that was a lie. The evidence he was lying is in my emails with the guest. I pointed this out and yet they still sides with the guest and made me refund the entire month. I did nothing wrong yet I still got punished. Then the send me links on how to host which I have read many times. They say they will note my account and future instances may result in listing being suspended. The quest has 2 reviews I have 10 years of reviews and am a Superhost. Obviously they don't support us good hosts. I'm very sad about this situation since I feel I helped make Airbnb better by my suggestions over the past 10 years. Now they treat me with such disrespect. This really has me depressed.