Airbnb concerned about guests

T85
Level 2
Natchitoches, LA

Airbnb concerned about guests

I started booking with airbnb years ago. My earlier experiences were great. It seems that during this COVID situation, companies that were reliable aren't so reliable anymore. I've been trying to get an issue resolved since August 21, 2020 and they've only been giving me the run around. What makes it bad is the simple fact that it didn't matter if I was given a refund or credit to use on a future trip. Not only that , but my host actually stated that she would approve the refund, it wasn't until after I cancelled our flights, that she messaged back and stated she had me mixed up with another guest.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@T85 

You do not mention the issue and why there should be a refund.

The issue was I contacted the host prior to my arrival date pertaining to the spike in COVID cases and my area becoming a hot spot. I have severe asthma and it wasn't safe for me to fly at that time. I actually tried to reschedule for a later date with the host so that it wouldn't be a loss on either parties. The host hadn't posted upcoming availability and told me to cancel the reservation and she would offer a refund. After I cancelled our flights, the host then messaged me back and stated that she's mistaken me with another guest and that she couldn't provide a refund.

I reported the situation to Airbnb right away so that the situation could be handled prior to my check in time. Airbnb didn't respond until days after I was set to check in, which showed that I completed a stay . Airbnb asked for proof of the conversation showing that the host stated she would accept the refund. After that I haven't been able to reach anyone with airbnb. They keep sending me messages saying " I'm the supervisor on this case, and I will be giving you a call soon" ! This has been since August!