Airbnb does not pay for hosting

Answered!
Katya16
Level 1
Kyiv, Ukraine

Airbnb does not pay for hosting

Dear Hosts Team,

My name is Katya and I am a SuperHost at Airbnb. I have been with the company for 7 years already and never faced any problems or they have been solving very fast and effectively. Today, when Ukraine, my country, was attacked and all of the local citizens had to fly to safe areas, including me, the company, which I have always considered as reliable, hasn't paid me for the hosting with the total amount of 30 390 UAH (1038 USD). I wrote several requests to the Help Center, but nobody solved them. Firstly I reached them on the 6-th of March with the problem of the payout, which I had not received of 690 UAH. Today is one month already and the amount of money held is equal to 30 390 UAH in total. I am from Kyiv, Ukraine. The territory of our city is not under any sanctions or any other limitations. I checked with my bank and it works properly - I received all other transfers expected without any problems. My PayPal account is active and registered in the Airbnb system. I've got some vague reply that there is an IT-issue with my account, in response to which I offered to arrange a SWIFT transfer by the accounting team manually, it will take only a few minutes, but in vain. I was writing to the Help Center and different people promised me to help, but now they stopped answering my questions too. Please find attached the printscreens of my conversations, titled by date and time.  

Concluding all mentioned above, I want to ask: what may be the fault of mine, that I've been ignored by the company for a month already and did not receive the transfers, aimed to be paid to my account? Do you have any ideas how to solve it?

Sincerely yours,
Katya

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katya16 The last thing you need in your situation is non payment by Airbnb. I hope you are now somewhere safe.

You will need to hope @Sybe or @Stephanie take up your cause. Alternatively contact Airbnb via Twitter as they don't like bad publicity. You could try contacting a newspaper in either the USA or the UK as again Airbnb don't like bad publicity. 

The only other person that could help is @Catherine-Powell but I fear she will be too busy to deal with this.  

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katya16 The last thing you need in your situation is non payment by Airbnb. I hope you are now somewhere safe.

You will need to hope @Sybe or @Stephanie take up your cause. Alternatively contact Airbnb via Twitter as they don't like bad publicity. You could try contacting a newspaper in either the USA or the UK as again Airbnb don't like bad publicity. 

The only other person that could help is @Catherine-Powell but I fear she will be too busy to deal with this.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Katya16, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will pass this on to the team immediately! Stay safe 🇺🇦

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sinan28
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

This is a nightmare. AirBnb is doing the same thing to me.

What is going on with this company?

Katya16
Level 1
Kyiv, Ukraine

Good morning (from my country). Finally, i have received the debt payments by yesterday. I hope the future ones will be transferred without problems already...  Thank you very much for all your kind interventions and advises. After your support this problem has been moved somehow and finally resolved. I am appreciated from the bottom of my heart. 

Warmest,

Katya 

HI! I have absolutely the same nightmare for non payment vy airbnb!!!  I contacted them for several days, spoke with different people from a support team. They all promised to check further and get back to me as soon as poosible but non was back! I keep calling them again and again regarding the payment!  They cheat me with one payment from last season in August for 1014 euro, Now I had arrival at 7/04 and got the automate message that the money should be on my account on the 8/04 but until now I don't have any money on my account.Its  1451 euro. My payout account is connected to Payoneer system - I have ZERO bakance there. Today, 11/04, I had one more arrival and airbnb should pay me 1714 euro.  And on 15/04 I have new arrivals with the mount of 1460 euro...   I guess they are not going to pay for these bookings and I have to call them again and agin to clear up whats going on.. You can count all together how much money they owe me now. The worst thing is that I am an Agent, and I have to pay all these money to the Owners who are waiting their money in time! I already paid from MY pocket  the payment for two bookings- last august and for arrivals on 7/04.. hoping that the problem will be solved quickly and its a kind of mistake...  Tomorrow I will go to peope who came today to ask them to pay me money for their booking or to ask them to go out of the villa.  I  don't have any more money to pay. I can present the print screens from my bank accounts  that its  nothing there.   I don't have any other choice as the owners requiring their money for the bookings.  I have already  paid more than 2000 euro from my pocket, the money I have for my living with my family and kids.  I guess that airbnb is bunkrupted and thats why it cheating hosts and do non payments!     Support team look to be useless as they can't do anything. They just confim to me that yes, the payment wasnt done to me... but when and why - they "don't know and they need further investigation".....  all my questions in conversation they are ignoring!   Please advise where I can write or call or send a complain to this company who is doing this unpropriate actions towards its clients???  Its a shame that so big and trustworthy company are cheating hosts!  The situation is really crytical!!!    I don't have money  for my living and I dont have money to pay the owners for bookings!! I am ready to write a complain to the international court, to call  the newpapers, Twitter and so on... 

@Quincy   @Sybe  @Stephanie  @Catherine-Powell

@Katya16 @Irina13 @Sinan28 @Quincy @Mike-And-Jane0 

Hello Irina !

Airbnb is a scam.

It is entirely your fault that you chose to work with a thieving, incompetent and deceptive company like Airbnb !

I welcomed my first (and last) guests (I made it clear to them I don't wish to ever work with Airbnb again which is probably why they suspended my listing) guests on Airbnb on the 3rd March 2022 and they stayed for 28 nights and were very satisfied.

So satisfied in fact and so friendly were my guests I even revealed to them 23 days into their stay that I didn't receive any of the payment due to me and they took the time to write to Airbnb from their Airbnb profile (I have a screenshot) and express their disappointment that Airbnb takes so long to release the payment to me !!

Now it is 62 days since I was supposed to get paid and I still didn't get a single cent for that stay (yes, I have a default and verified payout method. After 70 hours on phone and messaging 18 Airbnb Support team members I know everything there is to know about this pathetic company and their notoriously disfunctional app and website.

They simply think that delaying payment to their hosts for months and months whilst all the time apologising for the delay (and thanking hosts for their 'continued patience') is standard practice.

Ashlee65
Level 2
Waukee, IA

Ashlee65_0-1659739177955.pngmONTHS NO PAY nO COMMUNICATION