Airbnb have undercharged my guests and underpaid me. The guest is refusing to pay.

Val32
Level 2
Port Fairy, Australia

Airbnb have undercharged my guests and underpaid me. The guest is refusing to pay.

Airbnb undercharged my guests and underpaid me.  My guest refuses to pay as it was the fault of airbnb.

I was paid for 2 guests but 4 stayed.  I hae gone to resolution centre but guest won't pay and airbnb don't reply to any of my questions or requests.  What can I do now?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

First..how many people requested to stay? 2 or 4. If it was 2 and you agreed to this, but they brought 4 people then you should raise an claim in the incident centre. You will have to provide suffient proof that 4 stayed - for example in an email you sent to the guests on the platform when you found out.

If they asked for 4, but only booked for 2 people, you should have spotted this on the reservation request. Again raise an incident.

I assume you had a security deposit in place, which will help. If not, then your chances of getting paid the outsanding amount are less.

To be clear: AirBnB did not undercharge your guests - either your guests 'lied' or made a mistake and just entered two guests. 

Hope you get it sorted but if your guests are refusing to pay up, then it may be a difficult one to resolve.

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

If the guests lied about the number of people then they were deliberately dishonest. You should notify Airbnb immediately and "flag" that guest's profile. Send a payment request throught Airbnb's resolution center so that the request is viewable by Airbnb. Make sure all of your correspondence is through Airbnb's messaging system. And lastly, give your guests an honest review, and a "thumbs down" so that they cannot repeat this dishonesty with another host.