Airbnb left me Vulnerable

Matt767
Level 2
Bradford, United Kingdom

Airbnb left me Vulnerable

I’ve been a super host for over 8 years with over 200 great reviews, but lately airbnb support has been diabolical & has on more than one occasion put my personal safety at risk through no fault of my own, the latest incident being as follows 

I get a reservation request and approve this & wait for confirmation of guests acceptance & payment before sending my security details for the guest to check in, airbnb then cancel this reservation & refund the guest and tell me to change the locks on my property at my own expense if I’m worried about the guest having security information despite me getting no payment for the reservation & turning other reservations down from other platforms, when I ask if airbnb have telephoned the guest to say their booking has been cancelled airbnb say no they haven’t. 
The best advice airbnb can offer is change the locks at my expense and call them if the guest tries to enter the property, it will be the Police I call not airbnb. 
This is the 2nd time in a month airbnb have put my personal safety at risk, what a shame that airbnb support has deteriorated to this, in the early days of airbnb the support was amazing. 
*** Be great to hear from fellow hosts re their experience of airbnb support in recent times. 
Many thanks 

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Matt767 

So, what you're saying is that you accepted the reservations, your address details etc. were sent to the guests and then Airbnb cancelled the bookings for some reason?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can you clarify how your personal safety was put at risk @Matt767 ?

Why would you need to change the locks? Surely you change your lockbox or door codes between stays? 

Personally I don't take last minute bookings as there's always a risk payment won't go through or there will be a problem with the booking.

You could set up your listing so guests need to give a minimum of a days notice 

K--Mustafa0
Level 5
İzmir, Turkey

You need to give more details about the situtaion.

Why did you need to change the locks, like why you were worried about security?

Still, I believe that Airbnb should definitely provide legal support for the safety of homeowners. Last year, I was threatened several times by a guest with psychological problems. He left a knife in front of my door and kept threatening me.

I explained the situation to Airbnb and submitted my complaints to the police. What was the result? They did nothing, they didn't even get back to me after the police records. It was interesting.

h4wksq7a1