Airbnb old software version on the Google Play store

Geoffrey48
Level 2
Morley, Australia

Airbnb old software version on the Google Play store

Hello Airbnb Admin,

There is an issue where the Airbnb app is installed from the Google Play store and users are unable to successfully log into their account. An error message "Log in error to continue, update your airbnb app. Still not working? Log in on your computer" is generated during log in attempts. Uninstalling and re-installing does not rectify the issue. Turns out the version available from the Google Play store is an old version. Can you please notify Google and provide them with the most current Airbnb app. 

Below is a post from a previous thread:

I also have been experiencing issues with logging into the Airbnb app on my samsung tab S2.

So it turns  out that the version of the app that is available on google Play store is Ver 17.28

I checked what version was installed on my phone Samsung S7 had Airbnb ver 18.16.1

I have downloaded the APK file of that version from this site:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/airbnb-inc/airbnb/airbnb-18-16-1-release/airbnb-18-16-1-android-apk-do...

Installing this software rectifies the issues we have been facing. 

I've contacted Google play store and reported the issue and they have noted it and will contact Airbnb support.

Apparently it is up to Airbnb to notify Google of their latest software for upload to the Play store. That either has not happened in this case or an error has been made.  Hopefully it will be rectified soon. 

Thanks again for the work around

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Geoffrey48,

It seems to be fixed now. I have an Android phone and the Airbnb app updated itself yesterday. The version of the downloaded update is 18.16.1

I'm not sure if there are different versions of the play store in different countries though.

Steve.

Hi I checked the play store on my android phone and it too shows the latest version of the airbnb app. However when I check using my Samsung Gallaxy Tab S2 (running latest OS update) the play store still shows the older version of the app.

The issue seems to be around which device is accessing the play store. 

Giuseppina65
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Finally a thread with my exact problem!!

I have bought a Huawei M3 Lite tablet in February and have had this problem ever since, the tablet has never managed to download the Airbnb app so I always have to use the browser which is not right.

For months I have been pig in the middle between Airbnb and Currys and Huawei, I just don't know where else to turn, just today I have been to Currys and they confirmed it's not the tablet, it's Google Play. It was only a few days ago that Airbnb after weeks of checking with their IT department told me it's not their site or my profile!!

So whose responsibility is it to fix this problem? Airbnb has to contact Google Play and tell them to fix it? 

My tablet Google Play only downloads the 17.28 version, see photo below and apparently the latest version is 18.21.1.

So.....who is going to fix this? Can you help me understand?

screenshot.jpg

Edie9
Level 9
Canada

Well it Is happening again....downloading from Google play results in the 17.28 version of Airbnb's app on my android. I just spent over an hour on the phone with someone from south east Asia who was going to refer my problems that I have been notifying them about for over three weeks! I better not be charged for the calls!

But that isn't my whole issue. Because the app on my IPad is the updated version,

I should still get push notifications to my phone...I don't!

I should get the number notifications that I have a new message on the app icon on my iPad...I don't!

I should not get two duplicate notifications sent to my iPad..... I do sometimes!

So....have to be always checking the Airbnb website or my email and connected to Wifi just in case there is a message!

Edie9
Level 9
Canada

Happening still? Again?

David278
Level 2
Turin, Italy

Still happening in August 2019. (Samsung galaxy note 8). Fixed with manual downgrade of the app through the link you mentioned. (Maybe a bit newer version though.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/airbnb-inc/airbnb/airbnb-18-43-release/airbnb-18-43-android-apk-downlo...

Thanks!

Fixed August 2019 login issues like this:

1) Uninstall Airbnb app

2) Install old version (link in the above thread)

3) login in the app

4)update to latest app in Google Play (without logging out from Airbnb app)

(To the Airbnb developers i think the issue of login in the new (8.2019)u relies on the CAPTCHA not appearing in the screen)

Cheers

David