Airbnb photography

Airbnb photography

I booked the Airbnb photography service and had the shoot done, but this after enquiring with an Airbnb customer representative that I would be able to save the photos and re-use them, since the Airbnb photographer said he would not be able to give me a copy of the files due to Airbnb rules. I have had the photos uploaded on my listing as expected, but upon trying to save the photos following the guidelines on Airbnb, I found I can only save them in .webp format, which means I cannot use the photo in any way. I know you are not supposed to use it on other rental sites - even though the Airbnb representative mistakenly assured me I would be able to use them, I have now read this on the Terms - but at least I want to be able to use the photos in other Airbnb listings or on my Facebook page.

Any suggestions? 

6 Replies 6
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Caroline1034 not ideal but can you save them as a screen shot when you view your listing

Untitled3.jpg.png

Victor394
Level 10
Orange, CA

@Caroline1034I'm not sure if you got an answer to your question. Have you seen this link? It has instructions on photo download. Wishing you all the best!

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2019/what-happens-after-my-professional-photoshoot

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I wouldn't use an Airbnb photographer as you can't use the photos for commercial use and you have no control over the images they choose.

Far better to choose and brief your own photographer and agree as part of the contract that you have shared copyright so you can use them to promote your listing elsewhere. 

Can you delete photos they upload?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Becky270  yes.

We are couple photographer & videographer 

We have 7 years in profesional photography 

@beard_dronepilt

@mary_aleena_gilbert

@mycandidmantra