Airbnb review hell

Airbnb review hell

We had a guest who complained after her stay and wanted compensation because she could not read that we have 3 cottages on one lot. Airbnb has not helped us at all and they can see in the dashboard that she says this. She asked for compensation before leaving a review.

I am shocked at how accountable they hold us but believe every stupid thing a guest puts in writing.

I wait and wait for calls back.

We have pending issues from 6 months ago.

Does anyone have a designated account rep for larger accounts?

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Christina-Strommen0 

I think the listing is confusing, You're stretching reality listing them as 3 entire houses on one lot, they should be listed as apartments.

Designated account rep when you get to the 100s of listings.

They are  free standing duplex. They don’t have duplex options. All are listed differently and state 3 other cottages are onsite.

i fine with 50 in my area. We want quality not quantity. Most of my owners are asking to get away fro Airbnb 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I agree with @Jeff158. From the listing, I would have expected the entire house shown in the photo. I don't see anything about it being a duplex.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Christina-Strommen0   It says 'cottage' so why would anyone think they're only getting the first floor?  I'm actually surprised more people haven't complained.  And, you say that  you are available 24/7, in which case, you shouldn't complain if guests call you during late/early hours with problems.  

Stay-Together0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Christina, I too am having these same issues with Airbnb. A guest can say whatever they want and have no proof and Airbnb sides with them. Its unfortuniate that Airbnb cannot take an objective approach when dealing with situations like this. The sad thing is I only experience this with Airbnb. I also know guests book only with Airbnb so they can file a complaint after their stay knowing Airbnb will side with them and refund their money. I had a guest threaten me with this if I didnt allow them an extra 2 hour late checkout. I had proof the guest had said this and threatened me using Airbnb as the bargining tool and the threat of filing a claim, and when I reported this to Airbnb guess what they did? Nothing... We are all fighting a losing battle when it comes to being Hosts cause Airbnb does not support or value Hosts. 

Dan STS