Airbnb’s Extenuating Circumstances policy

Gonçalo12
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Airbnb’s Extenuating Circumstances policy

I have had to cancel a number of reservations as a host. I am aware I am being charged a $50 penalty for each cancellation, however, I feel I am covered by Airbnb’s Extenuating Circumstances policy. My problem is that I cannot find any information on how to submit a claim for Airbnb’s Extenuating Circumstances policy. I would also like to add that the Site's Help function is so incredibly frustrating I am seriously considering closing my account.

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Do you use instant booking? If yes stop using it and plan your calender but blocking the days that you will not be able to rent to the guests. Good luck in the future.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Gonçalo12

If you believe you have extenuating circumstances, you must contact airbnb and let them cancel for you. After reviewing your case they will decide if you qualify. Then and only then will they cancel penalty free.  All you can do now is to contact airbnb and plead your case.  Make sure you have proof of this "extenuating circumstance".

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gonçalo12

Contact AIrBnB on Twitter  - search for AirBnBhelp

You've called them? If not, do. 

020 3318 1111

@Gonçalo12   

This the Extentuating Circumstances Policy

True the site is badly designed for a user friendly, experience, it is not  intuitive and does not cater to mispellings and can feel like a frustrating maze of dead-ends. If you click on Help on your dashboard and type in what you are looking for usually a summary of the policy or article etc.  will appear in a drop down area, getting to the actual article demands you go through a few more steps - the frustrating maze!

You can always use a search engine instead of the Airbnb site usually you can find what you are looking for in much less time.

btw:  Here are the ways to Contact Airbnb,  try Twitter or Facebook first they seem to get the quickest response.