Airbnb sent guest confirmation showing booking dates in European format rather than US -- so guest canceled

Deb18
Level 3
Santa Fe, NM

Airbnb sent guest confirmation showing booking dates in European format rather than US -- so guest canceled

We had a guest book for Feb 6-March 6 and the confirmation he received from Airbnb showed the booking dates in European format (Day/Month) rather than US format (Month/Day). The message showed his booking dates as 6/2-6/3 instead of 2/6 - 3/6. So he cancelled.

Fortunately, we were able to converse with him through the message system and correct the misinformation, and he rebooked successfully.

Now we've had another guest cancel for the same reason. "The dates were wrong in the confirmation I received." We have not been able to reconnect with him.

Is there a way to determine -- and change -- the date format Airbnb uses in its direct messages to guests?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Deb18 

The guest should use the local Airbnb website for the region he is living in when making a reservation. Then language, currency and date format are correct.

@Emiel1 Actually the dates are not shown correctly. When I go to my Italian Airbnb dashboard in “Visualizzazioni” (Views) the dates are in the American format.  Also the text above is mixed up in English-Italian language. F951811D-D802-4198-94BA-8EFA845EC823.jpeg