Airbnb update 04/07/2017 has a lot of bugs ...

Airbnb update 04/07/2017 has a lot of bugs ...

As of about 12pm-2pm PST on 04/07/2017 When I edit my pictures, and delete all the pictures, then add replacement pictures, Airbnb  inactivates my listing without telling me the listing has been inactivated.   ESPECIALLY because no one on the phone would listen to me, it has taken me DAYS to figure out what is going on ... we have over 50 listings.

FIRST, when a prospective guest contacted me, Airbnb implemented an update of some kind during the day. I know this for a number of reasons. While PMing her and working to send offers, the Airbnb site went down for a few minutes. Since I could not access www.Airbnb.com using Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox, nor Torch, and I could access non Airbnb websites, this was an Airbnb specific issue.

SECOND after the Airbnb website came back up, this guest claimed the offers I sent her didn't work (I sent two offers between 1:50pm and 2:06pm PST, at 4pm PST she said "It's saying session has timed out each time I try and book through the link! " ALSO after I send offers, Airbnb shows me the offer I sent rather than the guest's booking inquiry or booking request. This might not happen for most hosts - in our cases we rent timeshares and when we can't accomodate a specific guest request we can send an offer for a different listing. However, after I sent the offers and the site went down, I continued to see the guest's original request listing, even though a) the Messages page for this guest showed I had sent the two offers, b) 24 hours later I saw the Airbnb notification that the offers had expired (:

THIRD earlier in the day I had been editing my listings. ON THE MY LISTINGS page BEFORE the update, my listings WERE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER and after the update THEY WERE IN NO ORDER AT ALL - NOT EVEN THE ORDER IN WHICH I CREATED THEM. Because I have over 50 listings, it is now VERY DIFFICULT to find a specific listing since my listings are no longer in alphabetical order.

FOURTH It appears ALL my 2018 custom rates are missing, and a number of 2017 custom rates are now missing.  When I state this, I mean on over 50 listings it appears my 2018 rates are my standard rates even though on ALL listings except possibly 2 to 10 I set custom rates in a number of cases (all Maui listings for example I set higher rates for the months of Jan to Apr, July to early Sep, TWeek, and XMAS / New Years.

FIFTH, I needed to delete a picture from many of my listings and I have been taking the time to delete all the pics in my Westin Maui listings and uploading new pics. I have done this 2 or 3 times over the past year.  But beginning after the update on 04/07/2017, after I delete the pics, Airbnb is inactivating my listing. The Icon/Link in the lower left corner of the screen for the listing I'm working on the pictures CONTINUES TO INDICATE THE LISTING IS ACTIVE EVEN THOUGH IT HAS BEEN INACTIVATED, AND THERE IS NO MESSAGE SAYING THE LISTING HAS BEEN INACTIVATED as a result of  DELETING ALL MY PICS (which is what I have determined is the trigger to inactivate the listing). And the system doesn't re-activate my listing after I rupload the replacement pics. I have determined I have to EITHER click over to the My Listings page, scroll to the bottom of the page, find my inactive listing, and activate it OR from within the listing WHICH CONTINUES TO INDICATE IT IS ACTIVE, press the F5 key, wait for the page to re-fresh, then click the Inactive Icon/Link and choose Activate listing.

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Patricia-And-Peter0,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

It does sounds like you have been experiencing some difficulites, thanks for highlighting this. As it has been a couple of days, I wondered if this has perhaps resolved itself? 

Are any other hosts experiencing similar experiences?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

The third and fifth issue are not resolved. The other issues were one time events I simply have to suck it up and fix on my own (:

The importance of the other issues are that I usually find something incorrect with my listings AFTER updates occur.

Admittedly, some of them could be glitches I didn't notice until after the update. For example, we have a lot of listings. To more quickly edit the same listing type, we open each listing into a new tab in the browser, let's say there are 15 listings and thus 15 tabs, then one listing at a time we edit something - for example I delete a paragraph and insert a new one, so I do the work on the first listing, then copy the new paragraph and then I click into each subsequent listing and paste the new paragraph over the old paragraph and then click out of the field or tab out of it. I suspect that by the time we reach the 12 or 15th listing, the tab/page has timed out. Airbnb doesn't notify us the page timed out, and sometimes I see the edit "saved" (little green message saying 'saving .... saved') or on the calendar I see the rate updated ... and yet if I close the page and re-edit the listing  (or press F5), my edits are not there.

Other times though, I have been through our listings to double check EVERYTHING multiple times. Yet after an update there is data missing (amenities unchecked are one issue, custom rates are another issue)