All guested out this week :(

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

All guested out this week :(

American guest books house for a weekend - turns out she’s getting married at a castle nearby.  Originally booked for 1 but it was an error - we wrangled  about costs for a while but she eventually agreed on guest numbers.  Turns out that she’s hot bedding guests and not even one of them.   I’m sooooo Airbnb’d out  this week - how do you respond to this when you really just want to tell her to stop being such an entitled brat,  I”m just not in the mood 😞 

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for all this information - it's perfect. I'll share with the guests.

Quick question for you - between Friday night and Saturday night, we have 4 family members leaving, and 2 new ones coming who will be in the same room - hence the extra payments to you for the headcount. Is there anyway we could have someone come and clean on Saturday morning perhaps for fresh linens? We could add the extra cleaning bill to the overall charges.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
XxxxxX

4 Replies 4
Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

Hi @Amanda660 

The bright side is she is being honest and willing to pay for the additional heads and extra cleaning requested.  Hopefully you can get a top five-star review for being a great host - just grin and bear it, I guess! 🙂

Adam

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Amanda660, I can't see a problem with it?

@Amanda660   From one guest to six different guests who you do not know or have any information on,  all those extra towels and sheets and cleaning in between -  if you decide to go ahead with this (I may just tell them I can't accommodate their needs ... ) - an inconsiderate ask, I agree, I would charge her so it's worth your while and make sure you put it through Airbnb and she accepts and pays beforehand so you have no additional problems after the stay.  And I would make sure the other guests know your rules and penalties for damage.  For future you could add in your rules only guests named on the reservation are allowed access. Good luck!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Amanda660 

two different takes:

1. calculate what you'd want on a total or hourly rate and get the money upfront

or

2. tell her, "sorry, no, abb is really more of a DIY/clean up after yourself operation, we'd don't hold a maid staff in reserve for cleaning up after people you're cycling in and out of the place. and, btw, Please make sure that your family members know that you're being evaluated in your review for how they take care of the space. HAPPY WEDDING TO YOU!!"

and, goodness gracious, start writing this review now. Not cool.

btw, this is somewhat to be expected, I'm near wedding venues and the wedding folks can be a pain. I've certainly re-worked my House Rules and my pre-arrival discussions over time in order to snuff out these kinds of problems BEFORE these yucky 3rd party bookers end up in my space. At the very least start to think of what you've learned from this lovely American and what you'll do different next time.

(one of the changes I've made in my listing is that pricing is the same for guest 1-5, so that I don't haggle over per unit costs for my typical group and I do get info on AAAAALLLLLLLL guests and I absolutely do not allow someone to book but not stay, bc that never works out well. I always ask them to shift the booking over to one of the guests who will be staying from beginning to end.)