Level 2
Umpqua, OR

Annual fee

What is the annual fee to join Airbnb?

7 Replies 7
Kevin605
Level 2
Umpqua, OR

I'm doing my taxes, and I can't remember what the membership fee was. Thought I would ask you guys. 🙂 I DO remember being pretty shocked. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin605  I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no membership fee at all to join Airbnb, no annual fee. Hosts are simply charged 3% fee on each booking they receive.

Hmm!  Maybe I am thinking about VRBO!  Well, thanks! No wonder I couldn't find it. 🙂 

@Kevin605  I was wondering if you were listing on other platforms as well and got confused. VRBO definitely has annual fee.

Kevin605
Level 2
Umpqua, OR

Yep.. $199. But I could have sworn I paid $325 for something. TripAdvisor?! Anyway, I will just chalk it up to declining memory. 🙂 

@Kevin605  I have to write everything down these days, or it's gone almost right away 🙂 I can be standing in the kitchen and think about something I need to put on the shopping list and between then and 30 seconds later when I've located a pen, I have no idea what it was.  I'm not senile or anything, I remember important stuff- my theory is that at some point when you get older your brain decides it's not worth using up brain cells for the incidentals..

Kevin605
Level 2
Umpqua, OR

Exactly!  The old memory chip gets its edges worn off. Well, have a lovely evening down in that beautiful town... 🙂  Buenos Noches!