App Log In Error - To continue, update your Airbnb app.

Jason418
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

App Log In Error - To continue, update your Airbnb app.

I'm unable to log into my recently installed AirBnB App on my Samsung S2 Tablet.

I get the error every time:

Log In Error - To continue, update your Airbnb app.  Still not working?  Log in on your computer.

Well there is no update available, it is the latest version.

I have happily logged in on my computer and that is where I am creating this post.

I have followed suggestions from some people on the community, where they say I should delete the app from my tablet, then go onto my computer and change my password, then install the app again and log in.  Still doesn't work.

Airbnb, please help as I can see lots of other people have this problem and without the app it is very hard to travel or host.

9 Replies 9
Jerome90
Level 1
Guelph, Canada

I am having the same problem on my Galaxy s3. I can login and work on my laptop, but I can't login on my phone. I have cleared the cache and data, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, all with no luck.

It would be nice to get a fix, or some help from Airbnb before my next trip and the end of March.

Josh163
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

I have the same problem - using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - I am travelling in just under a month & want to have this sorted before I go. 

I've  tried everything I can... cleared cache, reset permissions, uninstalled & reinstalled and nothing seems to work. 

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jason418

have you installed the latest version of the phones operating system?

Jason418
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

It has nothing to do with phone system updates, but yes I have updated my system.  Its a problem with the app, you just can't log in.

Lola104
Level 1
Santa Barbara, CA

I have the same issue.  Hoping for a fix.   The reason I own a tablet is I don't want to travel with my work computer

Markus119
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

Same problem here. Google Pixel C tablet on latest Android 8.1.

The Airbnb app is stuck at version 17.28. play store does not show an update for the app, whereas my mobile has version 18.xx.

Peter894
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

I've the same problem on my Xperia Z2 tablet. Restored factory settings, reinstalled Airbnb a device now I can't login. I've tried wiping the cache, installing and old version of the app and updating the app version without success. 

App works perfectly on my Galaxy S6 and on a PC  Just not on the tablet. Any ideas? 

Griff1
Level 2
Port Coquitlam, Canada

I am having the exact same problem, I have downloaded different versions of the app and have spent multiple hours screwing around with this thing. people at Airbnb help desk seem to be on another planet they don't have a clue about this problem or anything else for that matter. Was Just looking at the number of posts with people having the same problem mine is a Samsung tablet about 1 year old using of course Android . any repairs or fixes would be appreciated this must be costing Airbnb huge money really makes me question their success. I am a new member of Airbnb and I am becoming very disillusioned with them. Bunch of losers by the way I can download it no problem on my desktop however it's just a little bit difficult for me to take my desktop traveling with me lol

I have the same problem now. I can log in through my laptop but not my mobile. still not fixed?