Awaiting Payment

Answered!
Slawomir0
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Awaiting Payment

Hi all

It is happen second time I have accepted booking request and then it shows Awaiting Payment anyone had similar problem?
Thanks

1 Best Answer
Slawomir0
Level 3

When you go to 'your reservations' in first column 'status' always you got in green color 'accepted' instead that I got in yellow 'awaiting payment'.

My understanding of process of payment is when the guests send me booking request Airbnb checking they card details and if everything is ok send to me booking request. There are only 2 options scam or airbnb has faulty payment system . I use other website to get a booking and never happen something like this. if I accepted payment/booking request all is ok.

View Best Answer in original post

99 Replies 99
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That could happen if the guest hasn't registered a working credit card with Airbnb.

Could you post a screenshot to show us what you mean? @Slawomir0

Slawomir0
Level 3

When you go to 'your reservations' in first column 'status' always you got in green color 'accepted' instead that I got in yellow 'awaiting payment'.

My understanding of process of payment is when the guests send me booking request Airbnb checking they card details and if everything is ok send to me booking request. There are only 2 options scam or airbnb has faulty payment system . I use other website to get a booking and never happen something like this. if I accepted payment/booking request all is ok.

What do I have to do when I am "awaiting payment" but the guest is not going to cancel the reservation and there is no sign that she will show up? Will I be compensated? Thank you.

Is this something to do with the new terms & conditions?

I got a booking request for tonight...it is "awaiting payment" and I have no idea if this person is coming or not...it is 7:50pm...the room is ready but she doesn't even know the address...

Angela270
Level 5
New South Wales, Australia

Treat "awaiting payment" as if they are not coming, the only downside for you is because they have 24 hours to pay then you lose out on other potential bookings for that night  if they choose not to pay. Happened to me on numerous occasions and  all you can do is encourage the guest to sort out the payment or cancel the booking. If they do neither then youve lost out (Airbnb need to change this to 2 hours not 24!)

You get screwed is what happens. It's something that they need to fix and I've been screwed by. They allow for the person to pay in a 24 hour period, but the booking is same day which makes no sense. They also block out that date so you can't have someone else book. On the third time this happened, I called Airbnb and after about 40 minutes, the person was able to withdraw the person's request and I got another booking. 

A guest booked my apartment which I accepted. But the status shows as "Awating Payment". It's been over 24 hours. In the meantime, my aprtment looks booked for those dates, and other people cannot book it. Someone already contacted me trying to book on dates that are blocked off in the system. What are my options here? I don't want to wait forevere for this guest to pay. 

April52
Level 3
Geneva, Switzerland

I have the same problem. "Awaiting Payment" for more than 48 hours and yet the system didn't cancel the reservation request that a prospective guest made. The calendar dates appear as booked even though they're still "Awaiting Payment". I cannot seem to remove or cancel this request myself. Very frustrating that the Help section indicates, falsely, that the system will automatically cancel the booking after 24 hours. 

I called customers service and they help me, they called the Guest and after trying to contact him with no success they cancelled the reservation and clear my calendar, they were very helpful & very knowledgeable. 

A big thank you to customers service!

Angela270
Level 5

You got lucky! When i did this customer service told me 24 hours was their policy and they need to give the guest a chance to pay (should be 2 hours!) In my case the guest who booked last minute didnt pay and i lost out on other bookings for that night.

You have to go to your calendar to manually open up the date again. Airbnb do not reopen for you.

Angela270
Level 5

This has happened to me on numerous occassions, this is something Airbnb needs to change as if they book at the last minute but dont end up paying you have lost out on your chance to host someone else and we dont get paid (lose/lose situation). After 24 hours if the guest still has not paid your dates are opened up again. I think they should only have 2 hours to pay, not 24!!

Screenshot_2017-06-23-14-24-03.png

This guy send me a request,  and I accepted the offer, I'm new in hosting so I didn't know what awaiting payment means & also that only confirm reservations can see the address of my location.

He ask me for the adress of my place and I give it to him.

I will let the local police about it, it's a very small town so they wI'll notice if a stranger in in town