BLACKLISTED GUEST: ** from Washington D.C.

Diana1074
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

BLACKLISTED GUEST: ** from Washington D.C.

HomeAway Guest: ** SCAMMER 

Dear HomeAway and Airbnb Hosts, 

I have hosted with AIRbnb and HomeAway/VRBO for 1.5 years with all 5 star reviews. Guest ** made a false claim with American Express and HomeAway/Yapstone in which he disputed that he did not recognize the transaction made, when in actual the service was received.** connected with me on HomeAway and confirmed his stay with me from 4/25/19 to 4/30/19 in LA. 

In a rebuttal letter to HomeAway's Yapstone and American Express credit card, I had HomeAway email me the copy of the screenshot of the “I agree” button where the guest must click this box to agree to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. I had also screenshot all the verbal agreements we made on the HomeAway dashboard, a screenshot of my Facetime with** on 4/25 to confirm his arrival, a screenshot of all our conversations on our personal cellphone confirming with his virtual Check-In and Check-Out through his personal number. I also had provided him private tour of the LA City and places to eat with pictures for proof. Till this day, I still have not received any compensation for the stay that this guest received.

If you look at ** HomeAway profile, he does not have one single review. It is clearly an act of a perpetrator in which he would create multiple profiles to generate a false act as such. I have contacted** regarding this matter, but, not to my surprise, he has not yet responded. It is clearly he has blocked my number. It is to my defense that ** has committed a scam, a fraudulent claim, that punishes the host who provides profit for HomeAway and profit for the community in which we are in together to support our homeowners’ right to rent act that have yet to be made with the Los Angeles City Council. Guest's Instagram: **

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Diana1074 

Please be very careful with these public accusations. This gentlemen may very well be a victim himself. For a charge back  the credit card company will demand proof. 

I had exactly the  same thing happen with booking.com. The card holder could prove he was not in london - therefore it was not him staying at my place.  His card details had been stolen. Even though someone did stay at my property, MasterCard refused to payout and PayPal (who I was using, as I don’t accept credit card bookings direct) awarded against me.  

It’s very easy to use any name when setting up a Airbnb profile. The real ‘**’ maybe has no clue about any of this. 

Hi david6 ,

thank you for your tip. However, this** stayed in a shared space with me. His room was a few steps away from me and he was the one added me on his IG ...so I am positive it is the same person. As for the credit card...the host provided a 5star service and we weren’t the ones taking the credit cared information. It is not the hosts fault for having a poor firewall, there is a fault in HomeAway /VRBO so their insurance should cover this.