Base price listed for guest is more expensive than what I have set

Rana3
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Base price listed for guest is more expensive than what I have set

Can I put a base price below the suggested (Tip) value?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi, @Rana3.  You can set your own base price reflective of your average price that shows on your home page.  I had to do that recently and some stuff moved on Manage Listing.  I pulled up Pricing and then scrolled down to base price and entered what I wanted.  Of course the pricing for the traveler depends of the dates selected.  Hope this helps.

D3
Level 2
Grantham, United Kingdom

@Rana0 You are in control of your prices and can start at a figure which is comfortable and acceptable to you

then you can monitor enquries and bookings to see if it works.  My base price is higher than the tip price due to my own research and prices charged locally - the tip is there only as a guide - Airbnb does not control your prices and will be happy for you if you are making the money you need.

Good luck!

Rana3
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Can I set a base price that is lower than the suggested (Tip) value? 

I want set a base price of INR 650.00. The suggested price is INR 666.00. When I change the base price value to INR 650.00, it automatically reverts to INR 666.00. I have kept the Smart price "Off". The weekend price, security deposit and cleaning fees are all zero. Please help.
Thanks.

It is possible there is a system glitch.  I don't know what else to suggest except contact Air BNB.  If you are sure how to do that, go to the search function and enter contact Air BNB and you will find a community guide.  Good Luck!