Booking inquiry - guest account removed

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Booking inquiry - guest account removed

I woke up to a booking inquiry and an instant booking from same person with different accounts.

When I try to open the message of the inquiry it says the profile has been removed because it has violated airbnb terms of service. This person then just made a new account and instant booked my home.

Should I be worried? I contacted airbnb right away to ask why they removed the account of this person, but still waiting reply from them 3 days already

11 Replies 11
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Azzuri0  Airbnb will not divulge to a host why they removed a guest account, so it's pointless to ask. Absolutely you should be worried, but you don't need to be worried for long, what you need to do is to contact Airbnb ASAP, and tell them you want the reservation cancelled, explain the circumstances and make sure they cancel it with no penalties to you, stating that you are uncomfortable with the reservation.

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

I already had a conversation with the guests and they seem completely normal so far, so I don't have any reason to cancel on them so far, I just want to know why airbnb removed their account,  the removed account had 2 positive reviews also (its strange that I can see this  when its removed).

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Azzuri0  Well, as I said, Airbnb wll not tell you why they removed the account, and that message you got about them violating the terms of service would make me quite wary, as Airbnb does not delete guest accounts even for some pretty seriously objectionable behavior. And perhaps their last stay was bad, but the review didn't appear or was removed or the host didn't leave one. It's also a possibility that it was just an Airbnb glitch. What I would do is contact Airbnb to tell them that the guest IBed under a different account and ask them if they can assure you that it is okay for you to accept this reservation. You could also ask the guests if they have any idea why this would would have happened. 

"Seeming" normal through messages, while I understand what you mean, may not be an accurate take on whether guests may present a problem. 

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

"What I would do is contact Airbnb to tell them that the guest IBed under a different account and ask them if they can assure you that it is okay for you to accept this reservation"

I already did this, but it has already  passed 3 days since my message and no reply from CS

@Azzuri0  Contact them again. Waiting for Airbnb to reply is an exercise in futility. You have to be persistent. Try Twitter, said to get the fastest results.

I did contact them multiple times, its completely useless

RING Airbnb and TALK to CS

Telephone them

Corliss2
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

@Azzuri0 ,

Personally, I would contact CS and cancel penalty free because you are uncomfortable hosting this guest.

For the future, may I suggest that you turn off instant booking. Alternatively, if you want to continue to utilize the IB feature, adjust the settings so that not just anyone can IB your place.

Hope this is helpful.

Do keep us posted.

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Honestly I dont't have one complaint againts these guest, I have IB activated and had no problem so far with any guest.  This guest also seems very normal during our communication, I just want to know the reason airbnb removed their other account, that is it!

Rob185
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Cancel the booking and tell Airbnb you feel unsafe with the guests booking - they will not penalise you on these occasions