Breakfast

Deidre2
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Breakfast

Ive been a host 2 days. Do we offer breakfast and if so what are you offering?
34 Replies 34
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I provide breakfast, and make a feature of it in my listing title and in the pics and description- as most hosts in my area don’t provide it.

A few days before my guests arrive I message them to comfirm their check-in details and preferences for breakfast. If they have a preference I will cater to it to make sure they enjoy.

As standard I provide sourdough toast or English muffins, fruit and yoghurt and individual portions of butter and preserves to minimise wastage, and a selection of teas and Nespresso capsules- and milk.

If guests want more of a cooked English breakfast and I am at home I will offer scrambled eggs and bacon/sausages and English muffins.

breakfast is the ideal time to spend a bit of time bonding with guests, and they really do appreciate having breakfast provided- especially when I am there to do it in person for them! It doesn’t take up much of my time but it does help when it comes to review time.

I buy my teas, butters and preserves/jams from an online hospitality company in bulk and because they’re individual serves there is never any wastage and the presentation looks somewhat like you’d expect from a hotel- no big jars from the supermarket that other guests have dipped into with dirty knives etc.

Naturally I factor breakfast into my pricing structure, so it’s something I take into account when I’m running my business 🙂

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

Be careful and check QLD regulations. In Nsw if you offer breakfast you can be classified as a Bed and Breakfast which has regulations including registering your property. I leave bread, butter, spreads etc for first breakfast but do not mention in my listing. 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Wendy117 How right you are - in our city and state - if we offer and cook foods we are also needing to be inspected and regulated by the Health Dept. and loads of inspections, laws, rules and monies and many hosts just do not know this and are probably red flagging their places by listing BREAKFAST - as it implies cooked foods. We are NOT Bed and Breakfast places, Restaurants, Hotels, Motels and so we really want to follow laws, rules, licensing and everything  perfectly and to a tee as they say so we continue to survive. happy hosting

Olga394
Level 4
Cape Town, South Africa

I took breakfast off my listing.  Although I provide fresh fruit, rusks (South African biscotti....sort of), cereal etc...there will always be that one guests who will expect me to drive 30 min every morning to cook him/her a full English breakfast.  And will give a terrible review because of the above. 

I would rather let them be surprised with the unmentioned extras.... 

Nicola224
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

My price is quite low as I am in a competitive area. I offer a basic breakfast of cereals, milk. Fresh coffee, squash, hot chocolate, tea,  freshly baked bread, jams and other spreads.  I sometimes do muffins or hard boiled eggs, chopped fruit and yoghurt. It depends on how much they've paid. Weekends, I tend to charge a bit more so they get a bit more.