Calendar Problem causing lost bookings!

Answered!

Calendar Problem causing lost bookings!

I had an enquiry where the dates were available and I pre-approved the request.  However, the guest tried multiple times to book and kept getting an error message.  In the end after getting no response from Airbnb support he gave up and booked another property.  When I go to my calendar it shows the dates available and it shows a correct price.  When I go and try to request the dates myself, as if I want to book my property, it shows the dates as unavailable and it shows a different price in those unavailable dates.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, were you able to resolve this?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Achim-and-Shubha0  This is a known glitch which has been reported here by many hosts for at least the last 3 weeks. It's unbelievable that Airbnb hasn't resolved it yet.

@Laura_C Can you please make it known to the powers that be that hosts are losing bookings because of this glitch? CS seems to be dealing with these reports as if they have to do with a host's individual account, when so many hosts have been reporting this that it's obviously happening across a wide range of listings. I know I've been reading these reports for at least 3 weeks. I'm sure many guests are giving up and going to other platforms to look for places.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Achim-and-Shubha0  This is a known glitch which has been reported here by many hosts for at least the last 3 weeks. It's unbelievable that Airbnb hasn't resolved it yet.

@Laura_C Can you please make it known to the powers that be that hosts are losing bookings because of this glitch? CS seems to be dealing with these reports as if they have to do with a host's individual account, when so many hosts have been reporting this that it's obviously happening across a wide range of listings. I know I've been reading these reports for at least 3 weeks. I'm sure many guests are giving up and going to other platforms to look for places.

Thanks so much!  It helps to know that others have experienced this too.  

Luxe (former Luxury Retreats) also lists our properties (separate to our own listings on Airbnb) and I'm afraid somehow it has to do with them.  The same guest tried to book through them when he was unsuccessful with our direct listing, but his request didn't go anywhere and eventually timed out.  When I reported it to Luxury Retreats/Luxe, they said they saw that several other inquiries for our properties had timed out, which I never received, but that I would have to look into it myself as they can't get into my account.  All sounds very strange.  😞

Hi @Sarah977 , thanks for tagging me in. Yes, this issue has been reported recently but I've also escalated @Achim-and-Shubha0 's case to the team.

Thanks again

~ Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

This has not been resolved. I reported this today. It seems to be connected to a guest trying to book with a smart phone as opposed to using a laptop or desktop. The smart phone app limits future bookings while the laptop/desktop does not. This needs to be corrected as more people are using the app and we are losing bookings while this bug still exists!

Airbnb has now marked this problem as resolved in the community forum, but it is not resolved. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Achim-and-Shubha0 ,

Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry to hear you are experiencing it! As @Sarah977 mentioned, it has been reported by other hosts and the team are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, there is a work around you can try to get things functioning:

Go to account settings, enable  Professional tools, and then refresh the calendar. After this, you should be able to click on the dates in question on the calendar, and in the right side panel, the rule-set will be there if you scroll down.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Achim-and-Shubha0 @Sarah977 ,

Good news! This issue is now verified fixed so no need to use the workaround. Let me know if you are still having issues with it,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I am new to Airbnb and I am having issues with my calendar being booked and in fact not is not the case. I had a guest try to book for future date in April and the calendar is showing that is booked. I have my settings set for all available future dates. Is this the wrong setting? Do I need to do something different. I am loosing potential guest that want to rent. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Tammy 

Bonnie64
Level 4
Bountiful, UT