Calendar inconsistencies between the host view in the app and the “traveler view” in the app

Jim581
Level 1
Poughkeepsie, NY

Calendar inconsistencies between the host view in the app and the “traveler view” in the app

I am including some attachments to help illustrate the calendar inconsistencies between the host view in the app and the “traveler view” in the app. 

When taking a look at the attached screen shots 1 (host view) and 2 (traveler view), you will see that dates 8/8, 8/12, 8/19, and 8/29 are in fact available, but fail to display as available within the app view for a “traveler”.

The available date inconsistencies appear to only be an app issue, please see screen shots 4 and 5. Screen shot 4 displays the calendar availability as a host on the website (non app) and 5 illustrates the calendaravailability when viewing the property as a “traveler” on the website (non app). 

When contacting Airbnb support they suggested that the issue was only present on a single device so we had multiple people download the app. The issue was present for them too, so we no longer believe that this is a one off issue affecting one device and app view. In addition, if it is helpful to know, these available date adjustments are at least 48 hours old. 

Has anyone else seen calendar availability issues within the app when navigating between host and "traveler" view?

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jim581 

that dates 8/8, 8/12, 8/19, and 8/29 are in fact available but fail to display as available in application because you have 2 nights minimum and those dates are not available for check-in.

I am happy to see Airbnb changed their desktop calendar and now it is showing all available dates, no matter if check-in / out is possible or not. This is much less confusing for prospective guests.

Until recently, if the host allows turnovers only at Saturday, his calendar was showing only Saturdays as available , the rest of the week was gray and looked like it is already booked. I hope they will change it in the application as well.