Calendar questions - importing and linking

Answered!
Rob69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Calendar questions - importing and linking

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions about syncing calendars which I hope someone can help me with.

1. Importing calendars - if I import a calendar into a listing, I assume I am effectively 'subscribing to that imported calendar (via iCAL protocol) and any changes in the imported calendar will there be reflected in the listing? If so, how often would such a calendar update? I assume it's not a 'push' subscription but changes are relfected periodically (daily for example at some specific time)? Does such calendar importing only relate to bookings or also to dates that I block out on the imported calendar?

2. Linking calendars - If I have a house calendar, and it's linked to the calendar of a bedroom within that house, I assume bookings in either calendar will be reflected in the other immediately? That's the point of calendar linking I would assume. However, I've noticed this doesn't work in the case of me 'blocking out' specific dates. If I block out dates in either the house or the bedroom calendars they are not reflected in the other. Why?

Many Thanks

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Rob69

Ad 2 - because the calendar syncing by Airbnb is having its teething problems (wondering when it will be over), it takes a long time to listen to hosts, and because Airbnb logic does not necessarily refllect common sense, practicality and other virtues we, hosts, might be lucky to possess.

I remember I mentioned problems with calendar logical syncing some time in August. Still no improvement and I have to do stuff like that manually.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Can not answer 2, but my calendars seem to sync daily.

David
Rob69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi David. Does it also sync blocked out dates?

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Rob69 

Hi Rob

I really appreciated your question. Am frustrated about being unable to sync calendars with my daughter. We each have different Listing options in the same large house and so compete but are also co-hosts for each other too. We just go with what the Guests select. As I can't sync her calendar with mine however, I  wondered about 'importing' her calendar as a way around it. I'd be interested to know if you've made any headway into either the importing or syncing???? It doesn't seem to go very smoothly.  Very best wishes Mary x

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Airbnb Support11:55
So, the "import calendar" thing does not work, but you can make it the other way around, to import the calendar of "Two lovely attic rooms" into "Pleasant stay"

I don't know if that might help you Rob. But the above suggestion has been offered to me.
Any good???
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Rob69

Ad 2 - because the calendar syncing by Airbnb is having its teething problems (wondering when it will be over), it takes a long time to listen to hosts, and because Airbnb logic does not necessarily refllect common sense, practicality and other virtues we, hosts, might be lucky to possess.

I remember I mentioned problems with calendar logical syncing some time in August. Still no improvement and I have to do stuff like that manually.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Rob69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Marzena

Annette354
Level 1
Humble, TX

I have 8 listings for the same house, & cannot connect all the calendar combinations. Maybe if they allow us to add more sub listings, otherwise, have to go manually & changed ea date, exhausting!

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Me too Annette. Disappointing. Let us all know if solutions arise

Bill1192
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi so can I sync for instance and Booking.com listing with my Airbnb listing? Thanks Bill