Calendar sync problem

Elsa-Björg0
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Calendar sync problem

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with Airbnb and HomeAway sync.

It's always worked out but now it shows me this on HomeAway:

"Airbnb has not been able to sync for more than 72 hours. The URL may have changed or the service may be down."

Can anyone help? I do not want people to double book 😞

I've compared the calendars and they do not show the same results so I am nervous about this.

With thanks in advance,

Elsa

94 Replies 94

@Linda1081  Do you have them both setup for exporting/importing? It is a known issue with HA/VRBO not syncing for an hour or so most of the time even if you got a booking. It's not AirBnB usually, but HA/VRBO. What I do to avoid this issue is anytime I get a resevation I go to AirBnB (quickest and easiest to do it from by just refreshing) and sync first the site that I just got the booking from then the others i.e. HA/VRBO, TripAdviser and Booking.com. It instantly updates all the sites. 

Screenshot (108).png

I’m having that problem since weeks, not able to paste the link from VRBO into the field of the Sync. my calendar site of Airbnb.. don’t know if this is cause I’m using IOS with iPad..?

It's not iOS - same thing happening on my desktop. Causing huge problems for me

I have 4 properties listed and until this week when bookabach amalgamated with homeaway, I had no problems but now that the syncing needing reloading, it has turned to custard. Airbnb wont export to homeaway and until yesterday, homeaway would not export to airbnb.  When I communicate with them, they should say they have had problems with this rather than letting you think you are incapable of loading properly .  Its not fair, as the percentage they charge is high.  To top it off, when I had to refuse bookings on airbnb as the calendars werent syncing, I told them to make sure I would not be penalised as I had to refuise bookings and they said I could refuse bookings only 3 times !

So anyone lucky enough to get this fixed? I am new and joined yesterday however I'm stuck at the calendar sync page which is not letting me through. I've tried Google Calendar, iCloud and other iCal but none of them is working for me.

Not good. (-_-)

Ellen81
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

This is CRAZY!! I wasted hours on the phone with Airbnb and even sent them a link to this discussion.  They seem clueless about this ongoing issue. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional on their end.

I had a message on VRBO indicating it couldn't sync with Airbnb. I ended up deleting the Airbnb URL and then re-syncing my calendar. Seems good now.

Ellen, try calling Airbnb again. I have had to call many times over my 3+ years doing this and their customer service is always exceptional. 

Good luck.

Monica, thanks for your reply. I did call several times and to my suprise no one at Airbnb seems to be knowledage about this issue.  I finally ended up getting it resolved through a very knowledgable person at VRBO.  She had me use Google Chrome versus Safari as a new web browser and when we deleted and reloaded the URLs on both sides the problem was cleared.  She mentioned she has seen this issue with Safari.  All I know is it worked and I was very thankful.  I did not see the browser issue mentioned here at all.  

Disregard this browser idea.  It did not work.  Less than 12 hours later, I'm getting the same message again.  Airbnb support is just telling me the same response, to delte and recopy url.  It does not work.

I only use Google Chrome because of other issues I had in the past with Safari. But, I just checked my listings and mine are also still unable to sync. I have seven listings and three are having the problem.

Thanks for mentioning it here. I will check into it as well.

Aaron41
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

@Airbnb2 - can we can an update on this issue? Calendar sync failing adds considerable overhead to hosts managing listings across multiple services. 

My particular situation is attempting to sync calendars between HomeAway and Airbnb. The HomeAway service reports that Airbnb calendar syncing is down. 

Hi All,

I host three properties through Airbnb, as I do with HomeAway & Holiday Lettings but I don’t know if anyone else had or has been experiencing issues in the last week with any Airbnb booking showing up on the other booking platforms calendars but still allowing the dates to be booked. So I have had all sorts of problems with double bookings, dates overlapping which has caused a right nightmare to sort out & embarrassing to let the guests know as you can Imagine.

Can anyone help?? 

Am I doing anything wrong??

It’s been fine for the last six months & has now decided to go pear-shaped when people are busy booking their holidays for the year.

ive resorted to manually blocking the dates off from any Airbnb booking on HomeAway as a back up.

It isn’t a problem the other way round with HomeAway or Holiday Lettings bookings syncing with Airbnb.

HELP!!!!

I’ve had syncing issues with Airbnb not blocking off the check out day correctly on google calendar. I highly recommend the app below. It has seemlessly integrated Vrbo and Airbnb.

https://www.airgms.com/software/30-bonus?afmc=2w

Ann625
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I'm not a host but maybe someone can help with a different problem.  I want to sync my AirBnB reservations to either ical or Google calendar.  I have 5 upcoming AirBnB reservations, but only one of them is showing up on my calendar.  The calendar listing says it was generated because of an email (I use gmail), but all the other reservations have identical (I think) emails and are not showing up.  All the instructions say to go to "host" and link that way, but I'm not a host.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Fredrik25
Level 2
Aix-en-Provence, France

Hello, Airbnb calender is not syncing with Homeaway. From Airbnb calender, this will not update on Homeaway. Can you fix this?