Calender blocked pending verification even though we removed the verification restriction for guest

Theri-And-Tom0
Level 1
Amroth, United Kingdom

Calender blocked pending verification even though we removed the verification restriction for guest

Dear Community,

We have a minimum stay restriction of 2 nights.  We had an enquiry came in for a stay of one night, but he was new to airbnb and was having issues verifying.  We changed the settings to allow stays of one night with no verification and messaged the guest to book after we pre-approved him.  He has been unable to book and I see on our calender for 4/5/2016 that the day is blocked pending verification.  I have tried to cancel the booking to enable him to rebook, but the block seems to be there for this date.  How do I unblock this date so the guest can start again?

Thanks,

Tom

1 Reply 1
Bridget8
Level 2
Tralee, Ireland

Hi Tom,

I think Airbnb are having a problem with verifications that they are working on to resolve. The date is blocked for twelve hours and as far I know there is nothing you can do but wait. I had to guests not verify and as a result they lost the booking. It is a little frustrating because you know they want the place but verifying seems to be a hassle for some. Still and all I feel it is important for security reasons. The date should be free at this stage anyhow 🙂