Calender

Maddalena3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Calender

hi everyone,

i hope someone can help me and i hope i can explain my self .

on the 10th of September i received a booking for my property.The booking was   September 2020 it was for one night only which was odd as i have a minimum stay of 4 days

i checked all my setting and everything was in order. i went to check the details of the  booking and saw it was made on  8th of june 2019 for the following year , September 2020   for a 6 days  stay and not 1 day 

i have a Chanel manger therefore  my calendar  update automatically. 

on the 11th of September i got another notification saying that the same booking was for 2 day . Every day for the following 6 days I got a notification adding one extra day until the whole 6 days were covered

i spoke to my IT guy and said that basically that Airbnb calendar works on a 365 days base therefor if someone makes a booking to day for December next year it will not show in the calendar until 365 day before arrival . Airbnb confirm this too. Is it not crazy? what if in the meantime I close that exact week because i had my sister coming to visit or if someone else was renting the property . this is a huge high risk of over booking. Any feed back are hugely appreciate

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maddalena3  Your IT guy is wrong and so is whatever CS rep you talked to. It doesn't work on a 365 day basis, it works on whatever basis you have set it for. You can choose 3 months of your calendar open ahead, 6 months, or a year, it's up to you. Personally, I only have my calendar open 3 months in advance, because like you say, what if a family member wants to come visit, or something else comes up.

But it seems bizarre that someone could book for 6 days, even if you have your calendar open a year ahead, and that Airbnb would just add the days as they became available. It seems like the guest would get a message saying those dates weren't yet available when they tried to make the 6 day reservation.

Hi Sarah , thanks for taking the time to explain that .... 

it is not very reinsuring that someone from Airbnb gives me the wrong advise and the wrong  solution to solve the problem 

how do I set the calendar for a longer period ? More then 1 year ? Lots of my potential guests like to book well in advance