Can I charge a fee of 25$ per night for full Kitchen and BBQ use if guest wants it?

Joelle40
Level 1
East Hampton, NY

Can I charge a fee of 25$ per night for full Kitchen and BBQ use if guest wants it?

Because of the added risk I wanted to charge people a little more for people that want full access to kitchen/stovetop/oven/BBQ.   Is that possible?  Or can I adjust the cleaning fee or security deposit for a special circumstance?  I'm a am new at this and see many people don't offer their kitchens for use.  I enjoy cooking and allowing people to cook if they are respectable but would feel better if they paid more for the service.  Hopefully meaning they have more respect for it.

8 Replies 8
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Joelle40 Adjust your cleaning fee and off you go!!!

Thanks for responding.  I just feel bad for charging the fee if people don't want to use the kitchen.  I can't have two different cleaning rates right?  I guess it's all or nothing right?  

@Joelle40 If you are willing to charge for the kitchen better do as you may regret it later on some guests can be very messy and you will need extra time to clean or eventually pay a maid. Dont be afraid to charge people as it is your business!!!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Welcome to Air BNB, @Joelle40!  I reviewed your listing and see that you have already added the $25 extra fee for kitchen use but you have also included kitchen in your amenities.  If something is listed in the amenities it is expected to be covered by the nightly rate.  You are setting yourself up for negative comments and reviews if you charge extra.  I allow kitchen access for what I describe as "light" use which may be what you have in mind.  You can have rules about kitchen access or access to any shared space, such as time of access.  Good luck!

Thanks for the response and advice. I did mention in some part that light kitchen use was included. I'll try to make it clearer.  But I wanted to charge more for the full kitchen, oven and BBQ. But I don't see a way. And I don't want to charge extra for people that just using stovetop, coffee machine and microwave. But I don't think that is possible no?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Hi Joelle,

Just to put a different slant on this, as I'm not in this position as I offer a full house and facilities. But maybe the answer to your question is NOT to include kitchen use at all and ADD it if required? Offering 'light' use is very vague and subject to misinterpretation.

'Kitchen use' would  then fully includes kitchen/stovetop/oven/BBQ.

In hotels you would get a kettle, tea, coffee and a couple of biscuits. Anything else the restaurant will charge you for. At the cost of a kettle, a few drink sachets and a packet of biscuits then you'd be sorted.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Just found this...

"- Feel free to use the barbecue outside that is set up for our super guests’ leisure use only. The BBQ is to be used by the guests who stay at the home and is not to invite others to the home as it will be considered as hosting a party. Please clean up after yourselves and keep the grill clean. If found left dirty and requires extra cleaning, an extra cleaning fee may be required. You will also need to add your own gas to the BBQ as it is not supplied."

Here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/SHARING-MY-HELPFUL-HOUSE-RULE-TEMPLATE/m-p/723915#M17035...

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Sorry... last post misposted to wrong thread 😞