Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Can anyone help me with setting up my property with the city of Las Vegas to get License

Pam21
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Can anyone help me with setting up my property with the city of Las Vegas to get License

Can anyone help me with setting up my property with the city of Las Vegas to get License.  #702-461-2303 Tony E-mail Hogan 7272@hotmail.com

4 Replies 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Pam21 You should not post any personal information here such as phone numbers or e-mail addresses. Remember this is visible to anyone on the Internet.

As for licenses, you should contact your municipality or a service that can handle this for you (many hosts use Avalara).

Chris-and-Julie0
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

If you're in the City of Las Vegas, you can apply for a license online (you may get through the whole process and then have them turn you down, though. It's difficult to get an accurate answer to questions). First, check the zoning chart in the statute (19.12.010 Table 2) to make sure it's allowed in your area, though. Currently, you can't get a license within certain zoning districts in the City of Las Vegas. And if your home is within 660 feet of another short term rental, you will need to go through the expense and trouble of petitioning for a special use permit. The last few we saw go before the council were turned down. We have asked the city to draft updates that will expand the licensing area and they agreed. The City Council is supposed to be reviewing this within the next couple of months. If you're in the unicorporated area of Clark County, the ban remains and short term rentals are unlawful. We met with the County Commission and staff recently and they gave us several excuses that don't make sense. The main complaint is "party houses," but there seems to be more behind the ban than something they should be able to control by enforcement of current ordinances. Please contact the commission and tell them you want the short term rental ban to be lifted (they say they only hear complaints from neighbors about short term rentals and they never hear from people who want short term rentals to be allowed). Contact candidates for the commission and get their commitment to allow licensing of short term rentals if they are elected.

I hope this information helps.

Jacqueline30
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Pam,

I can help you get licensed!  It's actually pretty easy!

Reach us at Click here to send me a message or to get my phone number.

Manuel486
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hi, I´ve my property in Clark County and is unlawful short term. Is it possible to do something for get the permission? I have Parkinson disease and I haven´t  insurance and I need the short term rental.