Cancelation of one guest in group booking

Madelaine13
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Cancelation of one guest in group booking

Good morning guys

i hope you can help 🙂 im a host and also recently booked an airbnb for a group including me to travel to Netherlands in October this year. Unfortunatly one

of the group members can not join us in our travels anymore. Would it be possible to cancle the one guest and ask for a refund on his portion paid? We booked a Town house.

Kind regards

Mads

2 Replies 2
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Hi @Madelaine13, you can send the host an alteration request and see if they will accept it. Since they haven’t gotten a payout yet, they probably will.  Were there enough people in the group that you were having to pay extra for them over the guest number that the host had for their base price? 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Madelaine13  I have altered a reservation twice for this. Only once on a group pay though. The money went back to the original bookers card and it was only the $20 extra per night for the 10th guest who cancelled out with a slight reduction to the AirBnB service fee's and the tax charged for the total $60 difference in the nightly rate for the 3 nights. If you divided the bill equally between you and the others he will not get a full refund because the cost would still be the same for the rental unless like in my instance where I charged more for guests over 8 people.  You and the other guests are going to need to reimburse him the difference if there was no extra guest charge associated with his cost and if split equally.