Cancellation Policies

Answered!
Claudia1646
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

Cancellation Policies

Hello Community, we are hosting for the first time and in our listing, we put "strict" as we want to be sure guests actually come. however, on our first booking it now says "flexible". Does anyone have any recommendations of how to solve this? 

Many thanks, Claudia 

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Claudia1646 

It says Strict when I look at your listing

Untitled3.png

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Claudia1646 

It says Strict when I look at your listing

Untitled3.png

Thanks Jeff, it's our only we one so we don't have any comparison. Their reservation clearly says flexbile.. its very strange

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HI @Claudia1646, I just checked and it also shows a strict cancellation policy on your listing. 

Hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Chantal573
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

My Niece booked at an Airbnb in Margate - upon booking they paid half of the fee and almost 3 weeks before they were due to go to the Airbnb they cancelled - She received an email stating that she will be refunded what they paid and now there has been a change and she will not be getting any money back - I have read the policy and no where in there does it say you will only get a refund if the whole amount is paid.

Please advise or I am taking this to the socials....

@Chantal573 you've come to a community forum for Airbnb hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.

Your niece needs to contact Airbnb customer service via her account to sort out what the issue is. And she needs to check the refund policy of the airbnb that she booked as that will determine what refund (if any) she is due because she cancelled the booking. If it's not a flexible or a moderate cancellation policy she won't get a refund, I've copied a link to the cancellation policies for you. https://www.airbnb.com.au/home/cancellation_policies#moderate

Thank you Rachel177 and I have gone through the policies but an email was sent upon cancellation to say the money will be refunded and now they have come back with she will not be refunded which makes no sense. I understand this is a host and guest forum but should complaints not be put on here so that guest will be aware before making any bookings?

Jacky16
Level 2
Reynoldston, GB

I have a srtict cancellation policy which says full refund to guests up to 48 hours after booking but Airbnb said that not the case and there is no refund am I missing something with this or what??

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Perhaps you misunderstood Airbnb's free cancellation policy. It is free within 48 hours of booking as long as the cancellation is at least two weeks before the booking. @Jacky16 

How long in advance did the guest book and how long in advance before the booking did they cancel before the booking.

Have a look on Airbnb Help and search 'cancellations' it will give you a full breakdown on how each policy works.