Cancellation by guest

J125
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

Cancellation by guest

Hi everyone, 

My guest after checking in cancelled the booking, and says the listing is not clear and has certain issues with the apartment. We clearly advertise on AirBnb with 4.8 stars, and we also send an email out to guest prior to them booking. My concern is that the guest in question is asking for a full refund, else they would put a bad review. What should I do ? I am willing to give them a partial refund for the days. 

3 Replies 3
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@J125   Get on the AirBnB messaging sytem right now. Type in this: Am I understanding you correctly if I refund you in full you will guarantee me a good review or else you will put a bad review? Just so I understand correctly. 

This is extortion and against AirBnB's rules, after you post it in the system. Call AirBnB immediately after and get everything on the record. If the guest can't read your listing as it's accurate per all my other guests then that is not your problem, not one dime back to this jerk that your Moderate policy allows. Let your cancellation policy stand. He will not be able to review you because of the extortion attempt.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

J125
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

Thanks @Letti0. I will call airbnb. Just a quick question - can the guest who cancelled the booking after checking in still give a review ? My search gives me mixed answers so thought to ask. 

@J125  If they went to the property absolutely or it's 24 hours before check in unfortunately yes. AirBnB just back pedaled on this one a few weeks ago and put up a public correction on the CEO's comment that they could not review if they never showed up on the property. If extortion is verified they can not review though this is the reason you need to document it in your case.