Cancellation commitment rate - unfairly punished

Tamsin3
Level 1
South Africa

Cancellation commitment rate - unfairly punished

HI there

im looking for advise on how to contact Airbnb, because I see no where to email them. 

I had a guest who needed to cancel her booking, on her side she could not figure out how to and airbnb was of no help to her. 

Out of despiration I helped and canceled from my side. Now airbnb is punishing me for low commitment rate!

I was being an understanding host. 

And there is no contact information to address my issue with them. How do I reverse this?

Regards

Tammy 

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Tamsin3 Never cancel on behalf of a guest this has now put you in a bad position. Here is the following Airbnb phone number for South Africa: +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free) When ever your guest have trouble understanding always give Airbnb a call. Good luck!!!

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Tamsin3 Never cancel on behalf of a guest this has now put you in a bad position. Here is the following Airbnb phone number for South Africa: +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free) When ever your guest have trouble understanding always give Airbnb a call. Good luck!!!

Glenda27
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Hi

In the first couple of days of hosting I also cancelled a guest after he booked on Instant Booking for one guest but then told me he was bringing five!   I can only accomodate 3 and after cancelling him I discovered that this also gave me a low commitment rate for the next 12 months despite my being very accommodating and responsive to guests.

I somehow emailed Airbnb  yesterday (can't remember how I did it) to try and change this and explain why I cancelled the guest and a lovely person has emailed me back, twice, but I can't respond to her as there is no "reply" option!  I also tried to ring them but after holding for 15 minutes I hung up. 

Good luck trying to get resolution.

Glenda

Since posting this I have checked my stats and my commitment rate is now 100%.  Woo hoo, thank you Airbnb.

But still don't know how I emailed them, sorry.

Michelle184
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am so very angry about the cancellation policy reflecting me as a Super Host! I have been a host for 2 years and have all good reviews, I try very hard to make my guests comfortable and be an attentive host, and that is reflected in my reviews. However, I had to cancel ONE time within ONE hour of accepting the reservation due to a mistake, I was denied Super Host status for a YEAR! REALLY?????