Cancellation policy

in
Savannah, GA
Level 2

My first guest is coming tomorrow. She just emailed and said she might have to cancel and wants to know my policy. At one point it was set to flexible and then I put it at moderate. Is there anyway to tell what the policy was at the time of her booking?

3 Replies

Re: Cancellation policy

in
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level 10

Hi @Daniel38 🙂

Yes, if you go to the guest's reservation and scroll down you can see what cancellation policy the guest booked under. If you choose another policy afterwards it won't change already agreed to reservations. If a guest needs to cancel the guest always has to cancel on her own and she will get refunded automatically by airbnb according to the cancellation policy. As a host you dont have to do a thing. The guest needs to cancel - if you ever receive "a request to cancel" don't ever accept it as it then will look like you cancelled. The guest has to do it from their side alone and you will get an email with the cancellation :-).

Best, Sandra

in
Savannah, GA
Level 2

Terrific, thank you very much!!

in
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Level 10

@Daniel38 

The guest can start the cancel process and will see the refund (if any) calculated before proceeding with actual cancellation. (Be aware of not receiving/accepting a cancellation on your behalf) .