Cancellation solution

Gabriella330
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

Cancellation solution

I have book an airbnb on April 20, 2019 for a stay on September 27-29, 2019. It is for my best friends bachelorette party in which we have tickets to see the rivals Cardinals play the Cubs. If you are a baseball fan, you know that this is a big game and a busy time for St. Louis. As we are planners and wanted to be proactive, we choose to book far in advance to allow us to pick an area where 10 females will feel safe, were close to travel/ easy to travel to areas and was in our budget. We had multiple choices in April and chose the one that fit us best. Yesterday, September 10, 2019 our host contacted us stating that she has sold her property and had to cancel. In a frenzy to make a new reservation we look at options and only had 3. One that was in an area that is not safe and do not feel safe staying. The other two is not an option as it puts us $854.00 out of budget. After over an hour on the phone with support and a floor supervisor I was not given any support or help in finding a place to stay. With 16 days until a group of girls from Illinois, Florida, California and New Mexico we have no where to stay. These women and myself have spent months saving and working to make the best of a 2 day vacation to celebrate our great friend and these wonderful and exciting time in her life. In these past 24 hours I have spent time reaching out to others at Airbnb and have received nothing but frustration and repetition of information that I am already aware of. I am sadden that this time has become stressful and still do not have a solution to an issues that was out of my hands. I feel hopeless as no help or resolution has been provided

2 Replies 2

Hello @Gabriella330 

I am so sorry for your experience with cancellation.

I advised searching every 2-3 hours, as there are other hosts who are with reservations canceled at the last minute, because the guests get sick, they cannot come for different reasons.
Or, new host appears, with new apartments, but I always advise you to contact the host before you pay the reservation because they have not synchronized the calendar, they do not have the correct prices, and I don t want to have other surprises. 

I'm sure you'll find a great location for you and girls, don't give up, always search, the internet is moving, and I wish you good luck.

Have a wonderful autumn and hear the good news!

Ramona

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gabriella330 

Booking an accommodation with an Airbnb host allways beings the (small) risk of the reservation being cancelled. Allthough a host is punished for this by Airbnb, in this case a think the host does not care about it, as it is about selling the property. But... seen your story, the amount of people involverd and the everything connected to it i think Airbnb should run an extra mile here and do everything in their power to accommodate you and your friends. Even if it will cost them money, as it is THEIR business platform which you trusted in the first place and brought you and your friendds now in this situation  Maybe an admin like  @Lizzie can bring this disappointing story to the attention of the Airbnb management ?

Best regards,

Emiel