Cancellation

Theophilus1
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

Cancellation

Hello everyone, my guest damaged 2 locks and her guest was sighted smoking withing the estate which is a violation of the rules. She has 5 days to go and Airbnb cancelled the remainder of her 5 nights stay. She is in there currently and I have requested for claims through the resolution centre. Why did Airbnb cancel and do I get to refund the remaining 5 days?

4 Replies 4
Mohamed250
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hello every one, the  reservation get confirmed without my opinion or acceptance , how to stop this and to have the ability to accept or refuse when some one reserve with me , thanks 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Mohamed

When you set up your listing the default position is that Airbnb sets your listing to 'Instant Book' that means anyone can book your listing automatically.

You need to go into your listing and change it so guests need to request to book and you need to approve it. Airbnb will try and persuade you to stay with Instant Book as it gives them more bookings and therefore income. Keep going through the stages and you will be able to change it to guests needing to send you a request

Please have a look at Airbnb Help Centre to help familiarise yourself with how Airbnb works

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/523/what-is-instant-book

and here

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1510/how-do-i-turn-instant-book-on-or-off

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Theophilus1 

Sorry to hear about this guest.

You will need to ask Airbnb why they cancelled the guest. Maybe there was a problem with her payment or another issue.

Give them a call.

Marlene219
Level 1
Swakopmund, Namibia

What are you supposed to do if a guest books and pays for four adults, then after the booking is accepted, the guest informs you they will be 6 adults and two children?

If you cancel the booking as a host, Airbnb deducts a $500 penalty from your next payment. Is that fair?