Cancelled Reservation Gone Wrong

Allison25
Level 1
Denver, CO

Cancelled Reservation Gone Wrong

Oops! I'm a new host... I have a guest coming in a couple of weeks who wanted to extend his stay and the request wasn't showing up for me. We thought it would make sense if he cancelled his reservation and re-booked. The site still showed that he was booked, so then I cancelled his reservation. 

Turns out, Airbnb freaks out if you cancel a reservation. I had no idea. Now it's blocked and I can't let him rebook, even though we both want the exact same outcome. 

And there seems to be zero customer support on here, or if they do have it, it is VERY well hidden. 

Please help?

2 Replies 2
Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you had cancelled without IB you could be fined
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Allison25 Oh yes, Airbnb is very tough on host cancellations.  Why?  Because there are some hosts out there that just cancel on a whim and leave guests holding the bag with flights paid for and other costly arrangements made.  Freaked out?  Yep, and with reason. 

You should have made a change to the reservation, not cancel. 

In your case, assuming the conversation with the guest is on  Airbnb messaging you can appeal to Airbnb to reverse the penalties and unblock your calendar.  Click on the link below to learn all the ways to get in touch with Airbnb.