Cannot my find own listing

Cheryl418
Level 2
Wellington, FL

Cannot my find own listing

Hello!

I listed my home over a week ago and yet when I plug in some dates I know are available and 3 adults and the area where the house is and ask for entire home I go through all the listings given and my house does not appear.  If I then add hot tub to the filter (we have one) then it shows up but it does not show up if I just plug in the area, entire home, dates and number of people.

Any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong?

Kind regards,

Cheryl

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cheryl418 

Did you zoom in on the map when entering the basic filters ?

On a certain primary zoom level not all properties are shown, if you filter also on "hot tub", then it will show up on that zoom level, because there are not much properties having such feature. So zoom in more on the map when only using basic filters.

Best regards,

Emiel

Cheryl418
Level 2
Wellington, FL

Hi Emiel,

Thanks for your comment.

No I didn't zoom in on the map.

I just put the area in the search bar.  Lots of properties came up but mine was not included.

So why did the other properties come up and mine didn't?  As not everyone is going to know to zoom in on the map.

What I am concerned about is that if someone just puts the area in the search bar and properties are coming up a potential customer is not going to know that there are other properties available they are just going to presume that the ones shown are the only ones available.

Any thoughts as to what they are doing with their listings to get shown and my home is not?

Kind regards,

Cheryl

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cheryl418 

This is how Airbnb works. The higher your ranking in future, the more change your listing shows up on higher zoom levels. BTW Experienced Airbnb guests do know they have to zoom in to see more properties. In areas with a lot of properties only the first 300 are shown anyway  (which is mentioned on the page).

Also if you want to search for your own listing, be sure not to be logged in on Airbnb and use preferable another device (IP address) to see same results as potential guests will see.

The direct link to your listing in the search system, including the map turned on is:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=119540646&map_toggle=true

best regards,

Emiel

Cheryl418
Level 2
Wellington, FL

Thanks once again Emiel for the information, that makes things a little clearer, appreciate you taking the time to explain.

Kind regards,

Cheryl