Cant verify phone #

Answered!
Peggy39
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Cant verify phone #

I can't verify my cell phone number that I want to use?  I get this message below.  What am I doing wrong.  It's a good mobile #.  Help!

Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number.

Add a phone number:
+1
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Peggy39,

Your best option is to contact Airbnb customer service.

If you've entered the number fully and in the format they require it may be that there's some problem with their database of phone numbers.

Contact information for them can be found if you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on this community help forum main page.

When you do this, one suggestion that will be listed is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

59 Replies 59

This is embarrassing. I also tried to verify the phone number and I have the same error. I cannot change the password because I’m logged in with apple id. I contacted support without any success . When I asked to investigate why I didn’t received a sms he stopped responding. 
Guys, I’m a software developer,  when you have an error in “Production” an alert should be triggered. The on-call person should be woken up. At my company, we do this even for community (were  everything is free)

PS: My wife has the same problem verifying her phone number.

The web portal does not support adding your phone number. Try using the mobile app. Literally spent 2 days along with 2 hours on the phone with support until I figured it out myself.  

I work as a system admin, and it took me a while to figure it out lol.

The web portal does not support adding your phone number. Try using the mobile app. Literally spent 2 days along with 2 hours on the phone with support until I figured it out myself.  

(I'll take the a credit on my account please. This has been an issue for years and I found the root of the issue.) **

@Peggy39 @Steve143 

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center. 

Here is what I just got from AirBnb community support

Airbnb Support10:56 AM
Hi Gavin, thank you for waiting. I would like to apologize again that you encountered an error verifying your phone number.
Please know that our verification process is automated and based on the error message that you encountered, I'm really sorry that we are unable to verify your account with your phone number.
I'm afraid that you will need to use a different number to proceed in making a reservation.
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

I get the same error as everyone else here ... So  you can't actually join if you don't happen to have a spare phone number sitting around (mine is the cell phone number i have had for 10+ years....)

I have the same problem. I have tried six different phone numbers from family and not one worked in the personal info section. It took the phone number of my emergency contact number section but nothing will work in the section for my contact number. I have been talking to support and they are clueless. I have been told I have to wait two weeks for their engineers! So frustrating!! 

I had the same problem with my phone number and I was finally able to add my phone number by going to my profile vs. trying to enter in my phone number while trying to book a reservation.  I hope this helps!

I cant finish booking because it wont take my phone number ?

I use mint mobile so the app was not letting me use my phone number to reserve a place. I went to my profile and added my cell phone number there and it worked fine after that. 

I am having the same error. Customer service is useless.

Anh585
Level 1
San Jose, CA

I was able to resolve it cause I had multiple accounts. My FB account was not allowing me to use my phone number cause I had another account with that login. Once I logged out and logged back in with my number, I was able to book.

I found the answer to the phone verification problem! 

1. Go to Account > Personal info
  2. Next to Phone number, tap Edit then Add a phone number
  3. Enter your area code and phone number
  4. Tap Verify and we'll send you a 4-digit code via text message (SMS)
  5. Enter your 4-digit code

After verifying your phone number, you can manage text message notifications by going to Account and choosing Notifications. Standard message and data rates may apply for any calls or messages sent or received. 

Scott1632
Level 2
Warren, MI

Just re-entered contact number in profile and was able to book reservationl

wow airbnb must have been sleeping....they do not like to verify fones 🙏

Well, it seems airbnb discriminates against phone services.

SAD to say cannot verify my phone cannot contact Host cannot contact Airbnb

so cannot make a booking.... this is bad for any business..🙏