Change host name

Cristian41
Level 1
Rovinj, Croatia

Change host name

I have listed the property on name of my boyfriend and hosting along with him all the time. I'm the owner of the listing. Now I want to put me, the owner of the property as a host becouse he will no longer be able to host. Reviews prove that I was constantly hosting. How can i do that? Thanks in advance  

11 Replies 11
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Basically you can not, the listing is for an individual and reviews stays with them, you can of course set up an account in yout name and list there.

David

Thank you for your prompt reply - I was afraid that I would not be able to hold reviews. It's so unfair - I am praised as host in most reviews. I designed interior decoration, greeted guests and now those two years need to lose. 

Is it somehow possible to keep the position that I have gained through hard work?

My wife and I are both hosts but I need to add her name +contact info. Can an owners list both names at once?

Hester13
Level 1
Bristol, GB

Hi  Peter, I have the same question - I want to addd a second person's name to the 'host name' - did you establish if this is possible and if so how to do it?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Hester13  go to your profile on airbnb and where it says your first name alter it to whatever you want to appear.

Thanks @Jeff158 - does that include two names? 

Alan1146
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

I wanted to add my wife also to the host name.  I see where it says you can do it in profile, but I don't see where I can edit the name.  I see where I can do it on the Account, but under first name and last name it says to put what's on your government I.D.  Is it ok to add both first names in the first name field?

Kalliste0
Level 1
Homer, AK

@Allan9  They used to allow it - because I had it for myself and my husband displayed that way and now it's only my name and no place to edit it. Wouldn't guests want to know the name of the other person hosting or are they ok with rando people responding to their questions? 

Hari1009
Level 1
Plano, TX

That's correct, they don't allow you to edit the name anymore. Any other ideas you guys have on how to have two names listed? I see some listings that have "Hosted by x and y"

I am having the same issue. Did you ever found a solution to this please?

Has anyone found a current solution to change the host profile first name from only "name 1" to "name 1 & name 2" so husband and wife first names could both be listed? Our host name is currently in my name "name 1" and my wife is listed as co-host. However, we want to add her first name "name 2" in the primary host profile so guests know we both own the property and respond to questions and requests.

1) can we do this?

2) If we make this change, will she need to verify her identity?

Thank you