Change reservations date

Rani158
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Change reservations date

Hello community,

a guest who originally booked 9 nights and just sent a request to change the booking to 2 nights due to emergency but in this way I will lose 7 nights and it is less likely will be booked by another guest? Mind we have a strict cancellation policy, I am trying to refund some to the guest but also not to lose much ! Any ideas ? Or suggestions ?

thanks

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rani158 be careful as a standard dodge for guests is to request an alteration to dates and then to cancel the reduced number of days therefore losing less money.

It might be best to reject the alteration so you have more control over any extra refund you choose to give.

If the guest can prove an emergency to airbnb then the company will override your strict policy anyway.

Thanks a lot I did reject the alteration

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I offer this to my guest, it seems to be the fairest in my experience. I tell the guest if the days are rebooked, I will refund them for the days rebooked minus any fees. Ask them to cancel the reservation, do not accept the alteration.

Thanks it is ideal and fair solution 

You could even say there is a fee for this exception, if the days are rebooked since you have to clean the room again.

Barbara2080
Level 2
Santa Maria delle Mole, Italy

Se mi dovesse capitare di affittare la mia casa indipendentemente dalla vetrina si Airbnb, come devo comportarmi?