Change the host on a listing

Change the host on a listing

Hi

I have a manager hosting our listing with me as a co-host. I want to become the primary host. I have spoken to Airbnb and was told that I would need to create a whole new listing (this would mean loosing all our reviews and history). Is there any way that the host can 'resign' and make the co-host the new host and thereby keeping the history of the listing?

Thanks

Bruce

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bruce330  I hope you are well!

You can become the "primary host" easily, but I think what you mean is you want to be the "listing admin"- which you can't, as the listing admin can only be the person who created the listing in the first place- this can't be handed over to anyone else.

You would need to create a new listing with yourself as the listing admin so you would have full control over the new listing.

If you ever come to need the help of a property manager to manage your listing in future, you should always maintain control of it by making your property manager a co-host or primary host.

It appears that there are only 11 guest reviews on the listings on your profile, so you won't be losing too much history and hopefully it won't take you too long to build up again if you do create a new listing.

Paul.

Hi Paul

Sorry for the slow reply...Thanks for the info and you suggestion regarding appointment of a manager.

Cheers

Bruce