Changing a long term reservation

Azadeh3
Level 1
Geneva, Switzerland

Changing a long term reservation

Hi,

I made a two month booking on Airbnb, but something had come up and I have to change it to one month. While I understand that there is a long term reservation policy that does not refund the first month, I am only trying to change the second month. 

However, when I try to change the booking, I am told that I have to pay a significant portion of the second month already (which is more than 30 days in the future). 

So: Original booking was $6587.03 for two months, $3256 which should be nonrefundable covering the first month. 

I want to change the booking to only cover the first month, so I believe I should only be charged the $3256 which I have already paid. 

However, if the host approved the change, Airbnb says the new charge will be $4849.95, and that I will be charged an additional $1593.08 for the booking.

If I book just one month, the cost of the same place for the same period of time (28 days) is $3243. 

Does anyone know why this is the case? If I am not staying for an additional month, but I am not violating the long-term reservation policy, why would I be charged half of the month's booking? 

1 Reply 1

@Azadeh3 this sounds like something you might need to contact Airbnb support to sort out.

I agree with you: it sounds like you should not have to pay extra for shortening your stay.

Since the system seems to want to charge you extra, please contact a human to figure out what is going on.

The Airbnb contact information should be in the email with your reservation information.