Channel Manager

Winny1
Level 3
Tyrol, Austria

Channel Manager

Hello Airbnb Community!

We have 3 properties listed on Airbnb but managing calenders for airbnb and booking.com is a handful but we would like to list on more platorms to get more bookings.

We are thinking of using a channel manager (not even sure if its the right thing we are looking at...) to load onto more holiday accom platforms and also be able to manage the calenders in one place. 

Any recommendations on which software/manager to use? I've had a look at the review and prices etc but it would be very nice to get some first hand feedback if this is just opening up a can of worms or will this make my life a better place 😃

https://www.capterra.com/vacation-rental-software/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sort_options=Highest+Rated

Thanks in advance for the help!

13 Replies 13
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Winny1 

I'm using myvr.com and like it, though it's not cheap.

@Lisa723Thank you! Wow this one looks really pro!

@Winny1 I've found it to be very robust with great customer service. Also, it integrates with usewheelhouse.com, which was a hard requirement for me.

Hi Winny,

Just incase you havent found a channel manager yet, or were just interested in different options. 

As you mentioned, I can vouch that HotelRunner has been a great option for me. Great features and customer service to help you incase things may get confusing. Also as you stated about prices and reviews, Im sure their reviews are good and in my opnion their prices are great compared to most others.

Check them out at hotelrunner.com , let me know what you think, best of luck!

Zoltán14
Level 2
Brașov, Romania

Hi Winny.

I see you are from Austria. Just wanted to quickly share a thought.

As far as I can tell, based on my experience, in Europe it's only AirBNB and Booking.com that matter (and Expedia, but they are not working with small apartments, they prefer hostels). I also have my apartment listed on HomeAway and TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor brought me zero customers in 6 months, HomeAway brought me two within the same period, and even those are only short, two day stays.

All calendars are synced using the default tools each platform provides, no need for a platform manager - although i do check and sync manually after each new booking, just to be sure, it only takes 30 seconds from my life, but at least i am sure there will be no double booking. 

Right now i am considering delisting from HomeAway and Tripadvisor. We have on average over 80% occupancy rate (and 95% when it's high season, December - February, July-August) with AirBNB and Booking.com combined and that is more than enough.  Possibly this is also one reason there aren't reservations from HomeAway/Tripadvisor since people searching through those sites can't find free dates. But who knows.

Just my two cents.

Hello @Winny1 

Not sure if you have found what you are looking for, but thought I would join the convo! I get lots of booking for my properties via Airbnb, and I find Airbnb automation software works well for me (keeps me organised)!

I went with AirGMS, it's free for me as I have 4 properties (you can use it for up to 4 listings for nowt)! Have a look round and see what would best suit your needs as a host, if you do want to check out AirGMS here's the link: https://www.airgms.com/

Good luck and happy hosting! 

Peter1742
Level 2
Ibiza, Spain

Hi Winny,

I'm currently testing BookingAutomation, so far I like very much the features and the customer care is amazing. It is a more complete but also more complex system compared to what I am used to.

I've used Tokeet for a couple of years but found out the hard way that their calendar sync is bugged, it doesn't consider all cancellations, listing these as active and confirmed 😞  Tokeet has great prices but it comes at a steep cost later on.

John143
Level 6
Julian, CA

I finally found a channel manager that I like.

After using Bookingautomation, Your Porter, Little Hotelier, and my allocator I can tell you this I am here to stay. So many are complicated, lack abilities and have poor service. I cannot tell you all the frustration. I searched high and low and then found this European company that has it all. Also very inexpensive. Works with Pricelabs too. Cannot tell you how much time this has saved me. John Leslie

I do not work for any channel manager.  I have 3 vacation rentals in Julian CA.  I have been on Airbnb for many years.   Look me up.

I hope this review helps others not have to go through what I did.

So, I'm not clear...which company are you using?

Thanks....but which channel manager are you using

Rob7911
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@John143 Which channel manager are you using?

So which one did you settle with?  Are you still using it now?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

We are out in Asia and from our experience most of the business comes from Airbnb and BDC nothing from the others one booking a year from Trip Advisor, No need for a channel manager I found they were out of sync with the prices, I have never had a problem with importing and exporting the links just check them every so often, Easy!