Charging additional fees for airbeds

Marcie0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

Charging additional fees for airbeds

How can I get guests to set their guest count to pay for airbeds? My base price is for 2 people sleeping in the queen bed. If there's 2 or more people expecting their own beds, how do I get them to understand it's extra for each airbed i set up in addition, even if there's only 2 people total? My base is for 2 people in the same bed, not 2 beds. The system counts people, not beds. Can someone help?
5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

My space accomodates 4 people with 1 queen bed and 2 twins.  My next guests are all men and two of them don't want to sleep together, quite understandable.  In that case I get out the air bed...no charge.  If there were 5 guests , I would charge extra for both the extra person and the air bed.  That situation is rare for me since I really don't want more than 4 people.  That said, if I were to make an exception, I would include the extra cost in a Special Offer after discussing  with the guest. 

Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Marcie, 

My advice would be to clearly and concisely include this information in the house rules. Explain that the base rpice is for one or two people in the double bed and that there is an additional fee for each extra airbed required. These fees can be collected via the resolution center under "request compensation for extra services."

You also have the option of charging by head count which can be adjusted under the pricing tab within the manage listing section of your profile. 

Hope that helps!
Ernie Thayer

I've been considering adding an airbed option to my listing. What would you consider a fair rate for this type of ammenity?

Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Deb, 

I would think that anywhere between $25-45 would be reasonable for setting up an airbed depending upon the quality of the mattress, the space and the listing itself. 

Hope that helps!
Ernie Thayer

Thanks @Ernie0. I'll start with $25/night. Just got a very nice one from Costco. Queen size aero bed with headboard for $139. Should pay for itself quickly.

Now I just need a new duvet... Anybody aware of good deals for nice duvets online? 

#bedding #airmattress