Check out late

Check out late

Hi everyone,

I have a guest asking if he can check out in the evening instead of 12 pm . What can I do in this situation, how do I charge.

1 Reply 1

@Adegoke0  How to best approach this really depends on how the late check-out will impact your subsequent bookings and cleaning schedule. Some options to consider:

a) Ask the guest to book the home for an additional night to guarantee access past the check-out time.

b) Come up with a reasonable fee and request payment from the guest via airbnb.com/resolutions (making it clear that late checkout will only be granted when the charge is accepted)

c) Offer the guest bag storage until their departure time, but insist that they vacate the home at the normal checkout time to allow you to complete the cleaning and changeover.

d) Say you need to prepare the home for incoming guests and can't offer a checkout extension - but recommend a nearby left-luggage facility instead.

If the late check-out is any easy thing to accommodate at no cost to you, of course you can just offer it as a "special favor for being an awesome guest." Your listings are brand new, so a great review has more long-term value right now than a nominal fee.