Checking in after hours

Laura2262
Level 2
Norwich, United Kingdom

Checking in after hours

Guest booked yesterday for a 3 night stay check in today. On my listing it clearly states check in time available 6pm-9pm guest booked and then I messaged to confirm check in time as I always do and they replied saying 9-10pm I replied immediately stating check in time is available 6pm-9pm I apologised for this and explained it's due to  early for work ... no reply!

messaged again today asking to please confirm check in time... no reply

have now contacted them via text no reply !!

this has happened before where I had no reply and then got a text message at 10.30pm on evening of check in so after hours saying would be here at 11 pm I explained not possible next day they didnt reply to messaged and again missed check in time and he cancelled.

i have strict cancellation policy but this is so frustrating ! 

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Laura2262

if they don't care why should you? You have strict cancelation so relax and enjoy 🙂

What if they just turn up and expects to check in when I'm still at work think will contact air b n b 

@Laura2262

my experience is that even totally non responsive guest will check his airbnb messages when he find himself in front of the closed door 🙂

Even if he contacts Airbnb they will see your messages on Airbnb.

I would write him the last message something like:

Dear X, as stated in our house rules our check in time is from x to x and if you arrive later there will be nobody to meet you and check you in because we will be at work .

Please adjust your arrival within our check in hours and let us know when to expect you.

Thank you.

I contacted air b n b who are trying to contact him and said that he hasn't until Deadline to reply and they can't cancel their Until deadline is up have asked several time do wen deadline is they don't reply!

had been 48 hrs since I received d any communication from the guest and dont feel it fair air b n b are giving them a deadline r when they failed to check in last night 6-9 or even contact me 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Laura2262 

So the guest never showed up nor messaged you?

When you contacted Airbnb was it via phone or email? If only by email, phone them and ask them to tell you what the deadline is. You shouldn't be left waiting three days in case a guest does not show up.

I managed to get Airbnb to cancel a reservation on the morning of the arrival because the guest was totally non responsive. I also have a Strict policy and received full payment. She never showed up and I never heard from her again so I have no idea what happened.

I have a 3-9pm check in window, but from time to time have guests wanting to check in a bit later. Perhaps you are not able to check in guests later than 9pm due to your work schedule, but I have put in my house rules that there is an additional fee, per hour after 9pm, for late check ins. So, if a guest messages me to say they'll check in after 9pm, I remind them of this.