Choose individual non check in days

Phil116
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Choose individual non check in days

Hi all,

I have found the option of choosing one day of the week where guests can't check in. The thing is I don't want to choose the same day every week. I am freelance so may have a work day booked in one week where I can't be around to check someone in. But if someone is already in from a previous day they could stay that day. As it is now I have to completely block the day off in the calendar. 

I've asked Airbnb this three times and they just keep sending me the link to choose the same day each week. 

8 Replies 8
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Phil116,

There isn't a way to do that.

Initially I thought to try the "additional requirements" setting in the "Trip length" section. While the "Add a custom rule ..." feature there allows checkin day customisation it's to allow check in only on Monday or only on Tuesday or only on Wednesday etc. .

Steve.

@Phil116 they may be sending you to that same link because it is the best they can offer.

I am not sure a host can select arbitrary days for "no check in", although I see the value in being able to do so.

You might want to request the feature on Host Voice.

@Phil116@Steve143, AirBnB just added new Host Tools that include Rule Sets.

Rules Sets might allow Phil to accomplish what he is hoping to do.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/how-do-rule-sets-work

Hello @Matthew285,

Nice to know for the future. Looks like they're available only for hosts with multiple listings though.

Steve.

@Phil116@Steve143 I know it says the tools are for multiple listings, but I have only one listing and I was able to activate the new tools anyway.

Hello @Matthew285,

Can I ask how you activated the new tools?

When I click on the "Go to your Multi-calendar" link  in the "How do I create and edit rule-sets?" article and select dates, I see the usual box that allows changing availability and price only.

Perhaps it's a case of it not being available everywhere yet.

Steve.

Screenshot (44).png

@Steve143 one day when I logged into my Host Dashboard, there was a promotional box on the top of the page that mentioned cool new Host Tools.

I clicked on the "Activate" button mainly to make the annoying promo box go away. I don't know what caused it to appear. But it turned on the Multi-Calendar (which I see you already have). And just yesterday the Rule Sets appeared.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 2.47.31 PM.png

Thanks for all this guys. I'll log on via the web and see if I can turn on the multi thing even though I only have one listing. 

It seems bizarre to me that the option to mark individual dates as non check in isn't available. I had to speak to three different customer support people before finding one who even understood what I meant!

The other option of course is to get a key safe which I'm considering.