Cleaning fee

Georgie10
Level 2
St. Peter, Jersey

Cleaning fee

So if you charge for a clean when guests leave, what happens re the change over days every 10th day ? when there’s a bed change, clean of bathroom and kitchen area plus putting the hoover round is this considered as part of the clean at the end ? If so I’m increasing my fee. Or should I just leave the bedding for them to do ?  

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Georgie10  Your question is rather unclear. What do you mean "change over days every 10 days?

Hosts generally charge a cleaning fee which covers one cleaning for each booking. Some hosts consider that to mean cleaning for newly arriving guests, or consider it to be cleaning after they leave, but that's really immaterial, how one views it.

And no, having guests wash your linens  and towels isn't a good idea. Many stains need pre-treatment before washing, soaking in cold water in the case of blood stains, etc, which guests won't do, they'll just throw everything in a hot wash, setting stains in so they'll never come out. Or wash your white sheets with some of their clothing that bleeds dye all over everything.

I offer my guests clean sheets and towels after a week, or halfway through their stay, i.e. on day 5 if they have a 10 day booking. I do no cleaning during their stay, and I deal with the laundry.

Aah I see so they remake the bed, 

@Georgie10  I always ask them if they would like me to remake the bed or they'd prefer to do it themselves. So far, they've all said they will do it themselves. I assume that means they either prefer their privacy, or don't want to cause me any extra work for something so minor. If they wanted me to do it, I certainly wouldn't charge them more for a 5 minute or less  job.