Clocks/white noise machines

Adrienne174
Level 3
Ringgold, GA

Clocks/white noise machines

Do anyone have clocks and or white noise machines in bedroom?  Should I put them in bedrooms?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adrienne174  Nothing wrong with having a clock, but almost everyone these days has a cell phone they check the time and set an alarm on. The only time I ever use an alarm clock is if I have an early morning flight to catch and have to get up at some ungodly hour. I'll set my phone alarm and also the clock, because I'm nervous about sleeping through the alarm. So maybe there's other travelers like that who'd appreciate it.

And I know some people like white noise machines, but to me, they're just another form of noise. However, if you live where there is traffic or other noise, it certainly wouldn't hurt to offer it. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Adrienne174  if you decide to put a wall clock then choose the one with just 2 clock handles (without the one showing seconds) bc they are silent so guests will not take out batteries

Guests who are sensitive to noise usually bring their own earplugs.

After few years of hosting, I realized minimalism is the way to go 🙂 Whatever we provide is something we should take care of and can be criticized in case of malfunction or damage or empty batteries.

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Adrienne174  Personally, I love white noise machines. So much so that I have one in my bedroom, and a mini one that I travel with. For a relative low price they are not a bad addition to the room. Not sure how many people are fanatics like me though haha.

As for the clock, I do offer a bedside alarm clock for guests. I have found that older guest seem to prefer the alarm, whereas the younger ones just opt to use their phone.