Coffee Drinkers - Please Fill Me In on Something...

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Coffee Drinkers - Please Fill Me In on Something...

I am not a coffee drinker, but because a large majority of my guests do drink coffee, I provide a coffee maker in the kitchen of my guest cabin.  It has come to my attention that most people who use the coffee maker, unplug it before they check out.  This necessitates me plugging it back in and resetting the clock on it.  Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a good reason that guests keep unplugging it, like maybe some sort of a fire hazard to leave it plugged in?

19 Replies 19
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Susan1404 @Sarah977 @Sandra856 @Kelly149 @Emilia42 

Some of the coffee & drinks making machines may be those that people are used to that turn on and off automatically, a bit like breadmakers, so perhaps that's why it's unplugged.

I'll stick to my Coffee Maker that I put on an element on the stove top, and can be used on wood stoves.

@Sandra856, In New Zealand we call the rows of a power adapter

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

And I've always known it as a "power bar".

@Susan1404 

My parents are used to the old coffee machines with the hot plates that will continue to heat up if left on..... so they ALWAYS prefer to keep it unplugged. I got them a power strip with switches for each plug and they use for the coffee maker, toaster, blender, electric kettle which are arranged/stored on a side table to make it easier to "unplug". 

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.  I have decided to just leave it unplugged and guests can plug it in as needed.  I know it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes things just strike me as odd.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Thanks a lot @Susan1404 @Sarah977 @Helen427 🙂